Pregnant after a Loss
Options

NPgALR: Decorating Question (updated with PIP)

Our master bedroom has a walk-in closet, but it's designed stupidly.  In order for me to get to my stuff, I have to go in the closet and shut myself inside because the door opens right into the corner where my stuff is.

We're thinking about taking the door off and replacing it with a curtain, especially now that baby boy's stuff is moving in there.

I have curtains on our windows right now.  Do I get the same curtains for the closet, or different ones?

Our room is done in shades of brown and a raw silk blue.  The window curtains are the blue raw silk.

Please disregard the fact that my bedroom is a disaster.  I'm ripping it apart this weekend, and DD stole all of our pillows to build a fort, lol.

This is the wall with the windows, it's directly across from our wall that has the closet/bathroom doors.

And here is the closet side.  The doors are super skinny.

Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
Bloggin' It

Re: NPgALR: Decorating Question (updated with PIP)

• Options

I'd get blue ones.

Have you thought about installing one of those slider doors that sort of folds in half as you open (and does this out rather than in the closet)?  It is probably more expensive and more work but might look a little bit more "finished" than a curtain.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I need a PIP to answer honestly 
    Is this door in your room or off your bathroom?
    I think it sounds like you should do the curtain in same blue
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would get one that matches the ones on the windows
  • Options
    Uploading PIP's now.
    Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • Options
    I would get matching curtains. I love the blue color, it's beautiful. 
    DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13
  • Options

I'd go with the blue but put another piece of fabric behind it in either white or taupe so you couldn't see through it. 

It also looks like you have enough wall space next to the door that you could install one of those doors that slides into the wall, if you wanted a real door.

• Options
    Its not terribly hard to move the door so it opens out instead in of. We did that to our bathroom because our bathroom was tiny and having the door open out instead of in, made a huge difference in usable space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"