2nd Trimester

High Blood Pressure & Placenta Previa

Well, I went to my 16 week appointment today.  My BP is 148/80 and the spotting after intercourse is due to placenta previa.

What this means is, I have to do a 24 hour urine test, no intercourse, no lifting over 10 pounds and no strenuous exercise *at least* until our anatomy scan on 5/20 for the placenta previa.  Once we get the results of the urine culture, I have another appointment next Thursday to find out where to go with the whole high blood pressure thing.

Beyond that, baby's heart beat is at 148 and looks good, so I just hope everything else pans out smoothly and we can move forward without any more complications!!

Has anyone else had experience with any of this?

Re: High Blood Pressure & Placenta Previa

• No experience but lots of hugs and love.
  • I don't but wanted to just say most of the time, the placenta previa goes away as the pregnancy progresses and everything is fine. 

Good luck! Sorry you're dealing with this.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had placenta previa with my 2nd child.  It happened when I was 29 weeks.  I was on bed rest  until I delivered at 39 weeks.  My previa did move up and out so I was very thankful for that. 

Sorry this is happening in your pregnancy.  Good Luck!

• I had both, but the blood pressure issues didn't hit til the very end of pregnancy and I was induced for pre-e at 39w3d.

With the previa, they discovered it at 19 weeks and I was on pelvic rest (same restrictions you listed) until they checked again at 28-29 weeks and it had moved up. My OB said most of the time they do, but if not they'll schedule you for a c-section before your due date. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I dont have the placenta previa, but I did have a placental abruption last week. I woke up with heavy bleeding and cramping. Went to the ER and said part of the placenta tore away from the uterine wall. So I am so lucky to be on bedrest now. Hang in there! I think the symptoms of the 2 are close so I know what your going through.
  • I went to my NT scan today and they told me I have placenta previa.  I posted earlier today on the 1st and 2nd trimester boards asking about people's experiences with this.  Check out my post, the answers were really helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"