Parenting

NPR: What gift for a "Stock the Bar" wedding shower?

We have a couples' wedding shower for my best friend this weekend. The theme is "stock the bar".

Any gift ideas you want to throw my way? :)

My ideas so far....

1) Punch bowl (on their registry) and a bottle of something??? Not sure what though???

2) Margarita glassware set (not on their registry, but hey...who doesn't like a good margarita?) and a bottle of tequila.

Which idea do you like best? Any others?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NPR: What gift for a "Stock the Bar" wedding shower?

• Wine glasses and a bottle of wine?  Or a 6 month deal with beer-of-the-month or wine-of-the-month that will start after the wedding?
  • I would use the punch bowl the most.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsStubbs:
    I would use the punch bowl the most.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I even told her that I thought about returning my punch bowl that we got as a wedding gift, but I have needed it quite a bit. Super glad I didn't do that!

• I like the punch bowl idea -- maybe with some red wine and a good sangria recipe?
  • I just threw one of these and I got them one of those large metal beverage tubs with the wineglasses, charms and bottle stoppers on their registry. I also got them two bottles of wine, two bottles of sangria mix from Williams Sonoma and some of those metal twisty wine glass holders that stick in the ground.

I think couples do expect to get some stuff off their registry for a shower like this. JMO. 

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Okay, I think I am going to go with the punch bowl (mostly because I know it is something they need and picked out).......but what else to go with it?

I like all of the ideas so far....thanks ladies! :)

• If she's changing her last name, cocktail napkins with their initial.  Or an appetizer cookbook for the party theme.
  • Find a punch recipe or two and print it out on nice paper. Then buy all the ingredients for the punch.
  • I've never used a punch bowl in my life.  I'd use one of those huge drink buckets to hold ice/drinks in.  I've used those many times.

Or some really nice glasses and a nice bottle of red and white wine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"