Tomorrow I am going to exclusively nurse her all day for the 1st time in 2 months...what to expect? — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Tomorrow I am going to exclusively nurse her all day for the 1st time in 2 months...what to expect?

I've been EP since DD was 3 weeks old.  Tomorrow we are going to be home all day so I was to exclusively  nurse her all day, no bottle feeding.

I'm not sure what to expect and am a little nervous.  I want it to go well.

How often do you think she will want to eat?  With bottle she eats every 3 hours.

Now I nurse her maybe once a day.  I want to build my supply and I want her to get better at nursing.

Any thoughts and suggestions welcome!!

Re: Tomorrow I am going to exclusively nurse her all day for the 1st time in 2 months...what to expect?

• ibisibis member

She might want to eat a little more often. My LO takes bottles every three hours when I'm at work but he nurses more like every 2, I think just because it's more soothing to him.

GL! 

• epphdepphd
    Ninth Anniversary 10000 Comments Photogenic
    I agree that she might want to nurse more often - or she might be confused as to why the big change :)  To ease any transition, do a lot of skin to skin if you can.  This usually encourages babies to concentrate on nursing and also just makes them (and you!) feel good. Enjoy - I've heard it called a "nursing vacation".

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards