Attachment Parenting

Gentle Discipline

I came across this person's feelings on gentle discipline online somewhere. I found it helpful, maybe you will too? :)

Disclaimer: not that you have to be AP or label yourself "gentle discipline" to appreciate or follow these things, lol.

1. Gentle Discipline begins with attachment at birth and a sense of wanting to know and nurture your child rather than force them into a mold. How that looks as they grow will change

2. Children at certain ages will do what children at those ages will do regardless of my discipline method, so I want one that fosters overall communication and trust.

3. I should do my best to assign positive intent and react to all situations from that viewpoint.

4. As a parent, discipline means guiding and teaching, and this looks different at each stage. If I constantly swing from allowing too much before intervening then reacting with punishment, I myself am not disciplined. Therefore, neither can my child be.

Re: Gentle Discipline

• jshfjshf member
    Thanks!  Whoever wrote it had a lot of insight!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • That is so interesting. My baby sister is a lot younger than me, and she was considered a really well behaved child. But it wasn't that, we were always engaging her and gently encouraging her to try new things that tested her limits. Maybe she just didn't feel the need to act out, because we were always there to let her explore eveything. Hopefully I can raise my son the same way and it will work as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"