Stay at Home Moms
Options

Would you give Tylenol for...

a tooth that has JUST come through...I check for them all the time (and just did yesterday and didn't feel anything) and after DD's nap today I noticed a wet spot on her sheets (by her head so drool I assume). I stuck my finger in her mouth and sure enough she has her third tooth (first top tooth)... she is a total crankster right now. When I got her from her nap she just layed on me for a bit and has been clingy and whiny since then. I know she slept long enough.

She is always happy and rarely cries. Everyone has told me there is no pain once the tooth comes through so not to give Tyelnol once you feel the tooth, but seriosuly? Would you give your LO a small dose? I am a freak about meds which is why I am asking. She rarely gets Tyelnol.

Re: Would you give Tylenol for...

• Options
    For me, if B seems uncomfortable, I'll give him a bit. Not five doses a day or anything, but as a last resort, yes. Will she gnaw on a frozen teether or mesh feeder bag with ice in it? B loves his teether fish straight from the freezer when his mouth is bothering him.
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since she can't tell you if it hurts, I would give her a dose.  Tylenol is safe and effective for pain.  Better to have one extra dose of Tylenol than a miserable child. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

go for it if nothing else works: teether, pacifier,something cold to gnaw on. Just think about how you would feel if you had a tooth growing in and piercing through very tender and swollen gums. I would want some tylenol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Sure, it is not going to hurt her.  Like PP said, a dosage here or there isn't going to hurt her.  You're not going to max her out on her daily allowance or something.  It will make her more comfortable during the teething - why leave her in pain if you don't have to? 
  • Options
    I would.  For all you know, the second top tooth is still working it's way through, making for a miserable baby.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

I would and usually do for a few days before/after a tooth pops through.

• Options
    I gave her a dose... Within 30 mins. she was smiling and happy again. I just always worry that I am giving it to her for no reason since she can't tell me if something really hurts.
  • Options

imageNoodle716:
    I gave her a dose... Within 30 mins. she was smiling and happy again. I just always worry that I am giving it to her for no reason since she can't tell me if something really hurts.

I'm glad she is feeling better!  Trust your instincts... if she is unusually cranky and you know she is teething you can bet she is in pain or at minimum uncomfortable.     

• Options
    I agree, it will make her comfortable and me less stressed because she's cranky.  It won't hurt
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"