Multiples
Options

did you need/work with an obstetric dietitian/nutritionist?

Our ob has twins and his wife is the office dietitian. They both offered me any help/advice I need with a twin pregnancy. It will be nice to talk to a live person who's already gone through it with a similar history to ours.

But did you "need" help with nutrition? I'd like to talk with them both again just to triple check.

Married 6/30/07, TTC 9/07,Mc 12/07, Mc #2 10/8/09,Twin boys 11/30/10, seperated 8/11image
"Our greatest glory isn't in never falling but in rising every time we fall"
8/24/09 3rd cycle on 50mg Clomid= BFP 9/23/09 =10/8/09 m/c #2 at 6wks 2days 3/9/10 4th Cycle on 50mg Clomid = BFP 4-5-10 200mg prometrium 2xdaily 1st beta/progesterone 10dpo=43 2nd beta 13dpo=339 u/s 4/16=5wks 3days single visible sac and fetal pole h/b 4/28=Suprise it's Twins! 150 and 127 bpm Labor Buddy to Sonadora and Strunella
cleaning2
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Craft Blog *~* Loss/Pg Blog: PM me if you'd like to read along *~*Bfp Chart imageimage

Re: did you need/work with an obstetric dietitian/nutritionist?

• Options

I was "strongly encouraged" to seek a nutritionist to help w/ good weight gain (I was underweight pre-pg) once we learned it was multiples.

I was very happy to have that extra advice--she really helped make realistic food choices/goals that I used and/or modified, esp. in the beginning when putting on weight earlier than later was crucial.

IMO, I'd take the offer if I were you. Couldn't hurt. 

GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I definitely need a nutritionist.... but never got a chance to talk about diet to anyone....I have been having lots of nausea and vomiting.  Mostly from weeks 8 to 19.  This week it is just starting to ease up.  Ick!

If you talk to one, I'd be curious what you learn/they recommend.  GL and keep us posted.

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't really had a need for one, but I think that talking to one would have been good for me. I tend to do better with special diets when it's coming from someone "official", you know? Because I can tell myself "the doctor said..." instead of just whatever I think I should or shouldn't be doing. But my weight gain has been good and the babies are growing right on track so I guess I'm okay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"