Trouble TTC
Options

SA questions.

I hope you ladies don't mind me posting here (I usually post on TTGP) but I was hoping you could all help me with my SA questions.  DH got his results back today and I have not clue what they mean.  Thank you for any help you can give.

here goes:Appearance semen- normalliquefaction- 30total volume- 3.9Viscosity serum- normalPH Semen- 8.5Motility- 45 (A)Rapidly Progressive- 11Sluggish- 34Immotile- 55 (A)Sperm total- 35 millionTotal Motile- 15.6Concentration 8.9 (A)

Okay that is everything! I hope you ladies can give me some insight as to what everything means. Thanks!  

Re: SA questions.

• Options

Hi there, I don't know too much about SAs but wanted to respond because the board is slow and I know it is stressful not being able to figure out what your results mean so I'll try to grapple through it.

Overall, nothing jumps out at me as being bad. For motility they usually like to see 50% or more but your DH's results are close at 45%. The total sperm of 35 million is also a tad low, I believe they like it to be 40 million or more than 20 million concentrated. Total motile at 15.6million is good...they need 5-10million for IUIs so you are in the realm of normal there.

I would say that it looks fine. Still, I'd follow up with your doctor, just to be sure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    After you discuss the results with your dr or your dh's dr, and if there are some things that are low, there are a lot of vitamins and supplements available that can increase count, motility and morphology. I have a lust saved, pm if you're interested.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSweetieD21:
    After you discuss the results with your dr or your dh's dr, and if there are some things that are low, there are a lot of vitamins and supplements available that can increase count, motility and morphology. I have a lust saved, pm if you're interested.

LOL at a "lust"  :)

OP, like Sail said, motility it a tiny bit low and concentration is low.  I would recommend a 2nd SA to make sure the first wasn't a fluke.

If the results are the same, YH should see a urologist that specializes in male fertility.  There are numerous things that could be causing the low count and motility and most are fixable.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"