Upstate NY Babies

Poop Stains

2 questions regarding Stella's massive blowouts...

1. What do you use for removing stains from LOs clothes?  Do you soak them in water first if they're stained?

2. If this is happening often is it time to get her into bigger diapers or are blowouts just going to happen from time to time?  She's still wearing newborns and they seem to fit ok...

I guess that's 3 questions!

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: Poop Stains

• We soak in oxyclean.  We have never had a stain, even when I went back to work and DH left her poopy onesie in the hamper and I didn't realize for 2 days.

I don't know....we just kept having blow outs haha.  The bigger size didn't seem to help for poop, just her position helped.  So when she was in the bouncer or swing, it would squish out her leg holes.  When she was in the exercauser, it would shoot up and out the back.  Now that she is more independent, we hardly have a problem.  And we haven't changed diaper size lately.

Going up a size at night helped up though for pee leaks.

• Yep, soaking in Oxyclean works well.  And I've tried my fair share of stain removers - if you want a spray, go for Zout.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree w/ the oxiclean... it got out everything. Although there were some blowouts that were just so bad that I threw the onesie out!
  • We've used the Oxiclean spray and shout spray-I think Oxiclean is a bit better but we've had a few where we just threw out the onesie too! Nothing really helped us with blowouts like JNK said-depended on her position when she pooped. The only thing that really stopped it was when she started solids because her poop wasnt as runny
  • I don't soak.. you are BFing right? It shouldn't be hard to get them out.. I just sprayed with oxyclean stain remover (dreft stain remover works pretty good too).. If its really messy/chunky.. I'd rinse it.. but not soak it..

It might be worth trying a bigger size.. but we actually had more blowouts when I tried to move her to size 1s.. so we went back to NB.. We had a LOT of blowouts when she was that size..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Good to know Ryan is not the only one who's blowouts cannot be contained.  Happens almost every day for him - I really thought they'd stop by now.  Never really got them when he was younger, so I guess he's making up for lost time!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Another vote for Oxiclean, and then hanging them in the sun if there is still a bit of a stain. The sun is awesome for getting out stains!
    Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"