Multiples

Introduction - and a question (long)

Hi there - I have been away from The Bump for quite awhile, but I was fairly active a long time ago (when I was pg with DD1).  After today's news, this is the first place I thought of to come! 

I had an early U/S this morning because my HCG numbers came back so high, and my Dr. was concerned that it could be a possible molar pregnancy.  I went in expecting the worst (have had 2 m/c in between my girls), and got wonderful news:  there were 3 yolk sacs and all measured at 5W4D.  DH and I are stunned, thrilled, scared, etc etc.  Honestly, I am actually quite shell-shocked.  We thought it would be a 'journey' for us to have 1 more.  We knew there was the possibility of multiples on Clomid (which we embraced!) but my Dr. said he has never seen triplets on a first round, low dosage in his career.

I go from beaming with joy to crying out of fear of what to expect to being so incredibly happy and then back again (yay for hormones! ha!).  I'm really not sure of what to expect -  aside from the general logistics of 5 under 4 (I think my mind isn't letting me go there quite yet), the doctor has cautioned me that there is a good possibility since the ultrasound was performed so early, that all three won't make it.

So, I guess my first question to you ladies is - did anyone start with 3 and end up with less?  My dr. says we'll have a better idea of how many will be viable to term past 8-10 weeks, but I'd love to hear your experiences and thoughts on this.

My apologies for being so long - I hope to stay on this board (obviously! Wink ) and get to know everyone...thanks!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Introduction - and a question (long)

• Congrats!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • aww, what happy news!

vanishing triplets are somewhat common, but try not to focus on that. i really hope that they do all make it. good luck, mama!

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • LCB34LCB34 member

Congrats!

I started with three (identical twins and a fraternal triplet) and lost the ID twins at 9 weeks.

Best of luck to you!

• Wow-and I was crying about 3 under 2.5. lol-  Your emotions are completely normal.  I'm just accepting responsibility and starting to put together a plan for help once the babies get here.  It's a lot to digest and even more so in your case!

Congrats and welcome!

• Congrats! We did have a vanishing triplet, but like the PP said, try not to worry about it.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • and 5 under 4 isn't too bad. a friend of mine had 5 under 2! (quads, then a "surprise!" born when they were 20 months old.)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • First, congrats on another BPF!  I love hearing about successful IF stories.

Second, yes there's a possibility that one or more won't make it, but there's also a very large possibility that all three will make it.  I'd suggest speaking with your DH and doctor sooner rather than later about your options, expectations, and financial ability to have 5 under 4. 

Very best of luck as you travel on your MoM journey.  I think this board is pretty fantastic with support for everything. Big Smile

• Congratulations on the BFP and 3!!! My doctor did mention vanishing twins to me too early on, everything so far (:::knocking on wood:::) is going good. Try not to stress about it though and take of yourself more now than ever.  Maybe even stop lifting kids/heavy items.

GL and keep us posted!

• Congrats and H&H 9mths.  I was on low dosage clomid also (one round) when I got pg.  At my first u/s there were 3 sacs and I was freaked out.  He did mention that not all may make it.  he was right, one didnt, the other two did.  Just focus on the happiness now and best of luck.
  • Just wanted to say congrats. All of your reaction are totally normal right now. Wishing you the best. Right now we have 4 under 2, but only for two more months.
  • Congrats and welcome. I hope that you see three strong heart beats at your next U/S.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!

I started with 4 and ended up with 3.

But I wanted to add that my kids were about the same age as your kids.

When I delivered the GGG

DS#1 was 3 years 9 months

DS#2 was 16 months

They are now all the best of friends and are so loving and close..... you're going to love it!

Dee
    DS - 40W6D - Oct 2004
    DS - 41W4D - March 2007
    GGG - 33W6D - July 2008
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • First, CONGRATS!  

My oldest was 3y4m with the twins were born, DD was 22 mos. I think you will find your multiples to be a much easier transition (as I did) because I was already a mom, and knew what to expect. I think it was really like adding a singleton in most aspects.  We've had a great, smooth transition. 

GL!  

• hello there! I was on a clomid test when I got pregnant with my 3. I had an ultrasound between 5 and 6 weeks and was told the smae thing. Basically my dr said don't go telling people because they may not all make it. Well they did and I have my 3 blessings! Congratulations and welcome back! :)
  • Thanks so much for the warm welcome and honest responses, ladies! Smile

I have another monitoring US on Friday, so I'll keep you posted.  :::fingers crossed for 3 strong hbs!:::

Thanks again! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Gratuitous Overshare Blog image
  • Oh wow, congratulations! Wishing you all the best!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • dec13thdec13th member

5 under 4, wow!!!

congratulations & keep checking in w/ us!

• Congrats! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"