Austin Babies

Cleaning wood/laminate floors

I know this was asked recently but I can't find the thread on it. What do you use on your laminate floors? We just has some installed and now I need to worry about keeping them clean. I've alreayd noticed I will be doing a lot more floor cleaning because I can feel stuff on my feet where as before the carpet would "catch" everything. Gross huh? We bought a microfiber mop that my mom recommended. For everyday stuff do you a regular old broom or a dry Microfiber mom. What do you use to clean the floors with?

Re: Cleaning wood/laminate floors

• I use a dry microfiber mop and then a wet microfiber mop with warm water. But recently I was cleaning the kitchen floor with the Clorox Ready Mop thing and accidently squirted it all over the wood floor. I panicked and the packaging says its safe on wood floors but I didnt really believe it. Well, it actually is and it works pretty well. I dont think I would use it weekly but I have used it twice and it hasnt hurt my floors yet.  I have the hardwood floors though, not laminate.
  • I cleaned houses in college - best way to clean floors is to get down on your hands and knees with a bucket and two rags.  Mix vinegar into a bucket of water, use a rag to mop with and then another rag to dry it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Our entire house except the bedrooms has the wood/laminate floors.  All we do is use the Swiffer products on it.  We use the regular Swiffer to pick up dirt and dog hair and then we use the Swiffer Mop afterwards.  It has worked great for us and really easy. 
  • we use a stick vacuum without brushes for daily sweeping.

and i use a steam mop for cleaning. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefjaril:

we use a stick vacuum without brushes for daily sweeping.

and i use a steam mop for cleaning. 

I think I need one of these things. This looks a lot easier than the old fashioned broom.
  • imageali-1411:
    I cleaned houses in college - best way to clean floors is to get down on your hands and knees with a bucket and two rags.  Mix vinegar into a bucket of water, use a rag to mop with and then another rag to dry it.
    You're funny. I can barely get the energy/time to spray scrubbing bubbles on the tubs. Cleaning floors the old fashioned way isn't gonna happen on a regular basis unless someone else does it. Wink
  • We use a dust mop and/or a hand held vac (for quickly scooping up clumps of pet hair and stuff) and a swiffer wet jet for our laminate floors. I'm thinking about trying something other than the wetjet, though, just to cut back on the waste.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I "sweep" with my vacuum set on the hard floor setting, then use Bona spray and a microfiber (I think?) mop.  My floor installers told me not to get the floor wet, so the spray does a good job without soaking it.

I vacuum much more often than I mop, because I have a kitty.

• imageali-1411:
    I cleaned houses in college - best way to clean floors is to get down on your hands and knees with a bucket and two rags.  Mix vinegar into a bucket of water, use a rag to mop with and then another rag to dry it.

Well that sounds terrible!!! 

• We swiffer as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We use a regular broom and the Swiffer Wet Jet..on a daily basis. It's crazy to think that all that stuff was in the carpet huh?
  • We Swiffer. And Abby's socks catch a lot of the dirt too apparently =)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"