Trouble TTC
Options

HPV & TTC

So annoyed... during my RE consultation I mentioned to my RE that I tested positive for HPV last year and had a colposcopy (due to abnormal pap)but that colp came back normal etc. He said that it would not interfere with my treatment there blah blah. Well, I just got a call from RE office now saying that they need authorization from my ObGyn before we can proceed. WTF. Anyone every deal with this? I wish they told me this earlier so I could have some more time to get authorization from my Dr.

TTC #1 since July '09 * SA, Bloodwork - normal * HSG - Right blocked tube * HSG with tubal cannulation - April, 2010 * 3 clomid + IUI = BFN * SHG and MRI for uterine fibrod * Laparascopic myomectomy - Oct, 2010 * SHG revealed scar tissue* Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue from myomectomy - Feb, 2011 * IVF #1 in March (beta 3/39)

Re: HPV & TTC

• Options
    I have HPV and had a cryo surgery back in 2003. I think your RE is just making sure you are cleared and that your papps after that are normal.
  • Options
    Many of us needed referrals or prior authorizations from our OBs.  I think it is a pretty normal procedure whether you have past problems or not.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageL&R70707:
    Many of us needed referrals or prior authorizations from our OBs.  I think it is a pretty normal procedure whether you have past problems or not.

This. I needed a referral, and the only problem I had was an infertility diagnosis from my OB. But, I still had to have a referral. I would assume the RE checks with the OB because your OB knows you better.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break