Breastfeeding

Kind of an odd question for you?

Hi ladies, so I just got a BFP this week (yeah!) and with my son i was unable to breastfed due to not producing any milk at all after a c-section, with broke my heart. With this one, I want to give myself as many chances to bf and was wondering if any of you knew if there was anything I could do while pregnant to help increase breastmilk? Funegrek? Mothers milk tes? I know i cant pump as it can induce labor, but anything else??
Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Kind of an odd question for you?

• My Fenugreek says do not take if you are pregnant. Sorry, no suggestions.. I am a newbie at this

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Hmmmm, good question.  I really don't have any suggestions...sorry.  Pumping while pregnant may really help...I'm not sure...just a guess.
  • Loading the player...
  • liz37liz37 member

You shouldn't take fenugreek or drink mother's milk tea while pregnant.  I wouldn't worry about anything beforehand except for eating a well-balanced diet and taking your prenatal vitamins.

At your prenatal appts, I'm sure they will do a blood draw at some point to tell you if you are low on iron.  If they tell you to take iron, do it.

Do you know why your body wouldn't produce any milk after you had your DS?  Do you think it was related to the c-section?  I know that I had substantial blood loss with my DD and it made BFing harder than it should have been.  If you think it would help, you could try for a VBAC.

Liz

• imageliz37:

You shouldn't take fenugreek or drink mother's milk tea while pregnant.  I wouldn't worry about anything beforehand except for eating a well-balanced diet and taking your prenatal vitamins.

At your prenatal appts, I'm sure they will do a blood draw at some point to tell you if you are low on iron.  If they tell you to take iron, do it.

Do you know why your body wouldn't produce any milk after you had your DS?  Do you think it was related to the c-section?  I know that I had substantial blood loss with my DD and it made BFing harder than it should have been.  If you think it would help, you could try for a VBAC.

Liz

thanks! I have been trying to figure out why for the last 10 months! lol i *think* i had alot of blood loss during the c/s but idk. I know after i had him we tried everything to get milk in but no luck. I am praying this time it works cuz it broke my heart to not bf DS. And I dont think I'll be able to do a VBAC which sucks!

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"