Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Toddler bed question

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times but I am too lazy to look for a post. When did you move your LO from a crib to a toddler bed? TIA

ETA: I know DD is way too young for this. I am just curious.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Toddler bed question

• I'm not sure for others.  We took off the front rail and converted it to a toddler day bed right around DD's 1st birthday.  She was just consistently climbing down off of couches and beds the correct way supervised and it's just about a foot and a half off the floor.  With a safety rail in place, we thought she was ready.  I think it's more about your comfort level.
  • We moved her last weekend and it went great! (She is 18 months old)
    Brooke 10.15.08 & Molly 6.15.10

Photobucket

• Loading the player...
  • We moved DD to a twin bed at about 21-months simply because we need the crib for DD #2 who is coming soon!  We would have kept her there longer if we could because she hadn't started trying to climb out or anything.
  • I am highly considering doing this soon.  DD is a monkey and climbs on everything.  She is already trying to put her leg over the rail in her crib and gets very very close.  I am scared to death she will fall.  I am dreading the transition, but would rather be safe then sorry.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had hoped to cross that bridge at 2.5-3yo but DD began climbing out (twice. consecutive nights) at 22.5mos so there we go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"