Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

2nd time + moms come in...

Any of you ladies who have been KU more than once....did you "know" before you got a BFP that you were KU? I could POAS today according to when AF is due (4 days from now), but with DD I didn't get a BFP until 3 days after I was late....so I am holding out as long as I can.

BUT, I have been noticing lots of things that are making me think I am PG (exhausted, crazy sense of smell, bloated, blah feeling, sore back, mood swings, headaches and guts that seem to be in slow motion)...all things that could typically be tied to AF, but the timing isn't right for me. And all things that happened before I got the BFP with DD. At this point, I would kind of be shocked if I wasn't PG...

Am I crazy??? Or has this happened to anyone else and they were right on with their instinct?

Re: 2nd time + moms come in...

• yes, I could tell for a whole 2 weeks before I got a BFP. I was getting so irritated that I kept getting a negative test so I stopped until I knew AF was late (by 2 or 3 days I think). But yes, I could tell something was going on with my body. I felt ill constantly, beer tasted like crap and I had that tinny taste in my mouth
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a "this is it." feeling about this pregnancy, but I couldn't really put a finger on why. I didn't have any symptoms or anything. I just kept telling DH that I would be really, really surprised if I wasn't pregnant on that cycle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I knew. With #2, I started testing at 10 DPO, which was when I got a BFP with DD1, and kept getting BFNs -- but I felt exactly like I did in very early pregnancy with DD1 and I couldn't believe I was getting negatives. 

I'm not sure I can even explain specific symptoms, but something was just different. Also, my favorite hard cider -- which I would usually have with dinner a couple of times a week -- suddenly tasted awful to me. That was the big sign to me. 

I finally got a BFP at 13 DPO and was like, okay, I'm not crazy! 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • We were trying so i knew to pay attention to when my period came and went with nothing. However, I really believed I was not pregnant because just about every day that month I was sick, before we would have gotten pregnant, during the time we got pregnant, and after. We were all sick and I thought for sure there was no way I would get pregnant being so sick.

Well I was pregnant. I took the test about a week after my period was suppose to come because I was still thinking she was on her way. I was even having AF like cramps.

Good Luck ( That is if you are looking for a positive)  

Photobucket
  • jkylejkyle member
    Thanks ladies! Good to know I'm not crazy....so here's to hoping I will have a BFP to confirm my suspicions in the very near future! :)
  • I knew with all 3 pregnancies. I've only ever spotted before AF when I was pregnant, which is weird, but that's how I knew to test. Every BFN cycle was no spotting from O date to the day I started red flow.
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • I didn't have a clue.  I was charting and my temp was still up and the ONLY reason I tested was because DH kept telling me that I was KU.  But at 4 weeks exactly I felt very very pregnant.  I tested 3 days before my missed period.  Good luck.
  • I just knew it with Lauryn. I had just started weaning Nick and working out. My body usually responds really quickly to working out and I had been doing it for about a week and a half and there was no change. There was a slew of BFP announcements on here that week, and I think it was a Tuesday when BB announced her BFP and I thought to myself, I'm pregnant too. I left my office in the rain to get a test from the Winn-Dixie around the corner, took it right there in the bathroom then went to my husband's job and showed him while crying hysterically.
  • I really didn't feel any different - the only reason I tested is because it was the day before Thanksgiving (and we were kind of trying at that point....) and I didn't want to drink heavily if I was.  I was kind of surprised - we got pregnant very quickly again - and I was convinced it was going to take much longer!
  • Didn't know either time, but tested because we were actively trying at I was charting. 
  • nope but we weren't trying either so that may have been why
  • If we had been TTC I definitely would have known.  I was crampy and nauseous and a hormonal mess. I thought maybe I was getting sick but NOPE.  BFP a day or two later.
    Brooke 10.15.08 & Molly 6.15.10

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"