Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

How did you start timeouts?

I don't know how to go about starting short timeouts for tantrums...DS just won't sit somewhere for 1-2 minutes

Re: How did you start timeouts?

• we do short ( 1 minute) timeouts for very bad temper tandrums or bad behavior. we put her in a room with a closed door(not her bedroom) and have her throw her fit w/o seeing me or any fun stuff in there. 1 minute later, i go in and say are you done. she usually signs sorry and we go on
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We haven't started timeouts yet, but I just wanted to say that your belly pic cracks me up.  I've never seen one taken from that perspective, but I wish I had thought of it when I was PG...very cute. Yes
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to say that DC started hem for us and that was nice!.

We stay w/ him in time out, put him in the corner and if he is really freaking I will hold his arms down so he can hit. sometimes time out is only for like 15 second - but I guess that is b/c he knows what the deal is and if he says sorry then he is out. then we take him back to do whatever it is he was suppose to be doing and if he continues to refuse then right back in time out.

I don't give a set time, if I see that he does not want to play the time out game and is willing to do what I need him to do, then why waste time just hanging out in the the corner.

good luck and just know that it will take a while for them to get what time out is all about, but for us it works really well

imageimage
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"