Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

If your LO is allergic something do you just avoid the food or remove it completely from your cupboa

We just got back from the allergist and DS is very allergic to eggs.  He isn't suppose to have anything with eggs in it.  I am trying to decide if I should stop buying stuff with eggs in it . Or should I just mark foods that DS can't have? 

I can come with with logic for both ways of doing it.  I am also now super nervous about taking him to eat other places and having others feed him stuff.  I had to get trained on how to us an epipen and have to keep it with DS at all times.

Re: If your LO is allergic something do you just avoid the food or remove it completely from your cupboa

• I try not to buy products with nuts. If I do buy them, I write all over that its "NOT FOR L" and I put the item on a high shelf mostly in case someone else is watching her.

I was somewhat freaked out about the epipen training and really hope I don't have to use it :(

• We just found out our ds is allergic to eggs, too. He's allergic to dairy too, but I never removed all dairy from our house. My fil watches ds here while I'm at class, and he just know what snacks/meals to give him b/c I have shown him and he won't feed him anything unless I approve it- which is great. Really, you just have to be vigilant about what you and others feed him. If I can't read the ingredients, ds doesn't eat it. Now that ds has a lot of food allergies, I plan to make a lot of his food and freeze it. Today I made abt a dozen egg free/milk free pancakes and froze them. You'll find it gets better after you get a good stock of foods your ds can eat. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • sawyer is allergic to eggs and dairy. but im not nutso about it. she doesn't eat eggs, but she eats things WITH eggs in it, but she does eat soy yogurt/ice cream/milk. it just depends.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• DS is not allergic but is intolerant to milk/soy/wheat.  He will not have a life threatening reaction- but will end up with massive diarrhea and other GI symptoms.  Over time these lead to him not being about to absorb nutrients.  I still buy things with those 3 items. We have 2 shelves that are
    for Max's food only.  When we go out, I bring DS's food, and DH & I are super vigilant to always be with him.  Most of the time, we are with people who are aware of DS's restrictions and check with us before giving DS anything to eat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"