Indiana Babies

Drooling: Etsy Find

I'm in love.  We're redoing Andrew's playroom and this would be so perfect.  I was looking for something outdoorsy and it's not too girly.  But dang it's expensive.  I can't decide if I should get a cheaper decal or try to paint one myself. 

Re: Drooling: Etsy Find

• So I don't really know you from Adam, but I'd say you're creative enough (from seeing your photography) that you could pull that off yourself.  It looks great, btw, and I agree, would be awesome in a playroom!
  • Kathy, you could totally paint that yourself - you're talented enough.

That being said, I think that price is a good one for a decal of that magnitude. I've seen like 12" round decals for that price (which are a rip, obviously).

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I agree - it's huge and I see why it costs what it does - I'm just too cheap to pay it and I recognize that. :-)

Thanks ladies - I might give it a whirl.  We already have the paint.

• Those are awesome, thanks for sharing!!!!  I'm now getting all excited to decorate baby #2s room with some of those.  I love the zoo ones!
    Deleted
  • ditto the others -- you are definitely creative enough! Of course it'd be nice if it were cheaper because painting takes time, but I remember the fruit you've painted in your kitchen and those were awesome.

Those trees remind me of that one etsy artist you posted eons ago... a painter with similar silhouettes of trees (in black) ... I love her paintings! 

Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh, LOVE!  As talented as you are with a brush, you could easily do that.  If you wanted to make it easier, you could even use an overhead projector.  

I especially love the green one, but what the eff is that jellyfish looking thing in the middle?  A light fixture?  It looks bizarre.

• imagefruitcakes:

Oh, LOVE!  As talented as you are with a brush, you could easily do that.  If you wanted to make it easier, you could even use an overhead projector.  

I especially love the green one, but what the eff is that jellyfish looking thing in the middle?  A light fixture?  It looks bizarre.

lol I totally didn't see that. I think it's an odd light.

• I took a stain glass class a few years back because I was always too cheap to buy a piece made by someone else, but after that class and the amount of time put into it, I will gladly pay the price now!!  I have no doubt you are good enough to paint that yourself, but think about the time and effort. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"