Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

WDYT: Weaning from paci?

I've just lost the second paci and paci string that I replaced the last one we lost. I am tired of dealing with them!

Do you think 14 months is too early to start the weaning process? The pedi said they should be weaned by 15 months, or starting at 15 months. I am just ready to be done. I was thinking of only allowing them at nap time and over night in the crib. I feel like lately she's become more and more attached, and I don't want to encourage her. Today in the car she did fall asleep without it (since we lost it). WWYD?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WDYT: Weaning from paci?

• If you think you are ready, go for it. We should have done it around that time. DD is getting even more attached to hers the closer she gets to 2.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did it at 18 months. I told myself with the second kid we are doing it earlier! I would totally do it at 14 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you can find the courage to do it, do it now. I am working on trying to do within the next month. He'll be two in July and I want to be totally done with them. He  loves them , so I feel so bad, but he's just gotten so attatched. I think the earlier the better, good luck!
  • We just did it around 23 months old. I have always said it would have been the easiest to get rid of it between 12 and 15 months and that's how I will do it with DC #2.  If you are ready then go for it.  Stay strong, its not easy, but it should go fast.  After 3 days, it was like DS never used a binky and he was seriously addicted to his binky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"