Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Does your obgyn deliver out of mutliple hospitals?

I posted a while back about a concern I had regarding my OB's practice. They are delivering out of a newer hospital, and the new hospital isn't very friendly to c-section moms. Anyways, I was looking at my practice's website, and it said they deliver out of both hospitals. So I'm wondering if I can choose to go back to the hospital I delivered DD in, which I LOVED. Does your doctor also deliver out of more than one hospital? I've never heard of this before, and it certainly made me happy to hear this.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does your obgyn deliver out of mutliple hospitals?

• Options
    No i believe that the 2 docs and midwife from my doc office only deliver from one of the 2 hospitals in my area
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yup, my OB deliveres out of 3 hospitals.  They asked at one of my early appointments if I knew which hospital I wanted to deliver at, I told them and they gave me the pre-check in paperwork for the appropriate hospital.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, she delivers at two of the hospitals in town.  In fact, while I was being induced with DD and having complications she was running between the two hospitals (they are right across the street) because she has another patient at the other hospital.  A midwife from thier office was always at the hospital she wasn't at though so I was never alone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My ob's deliver out of 2 hospitals.  One hospital is better because they have a childrens hospital attached to it so if you needed it, it would be right there, the other hospital is more of a 'resort' where the rooms are private and the setting is more home-y.  I chose the 'resort' type hospital and couldn't have been happier.
  • Options

My OB delivers at 2 hospitals, but they are both in the same system. Both are CHW hospitals. I live in a huge metropolitan area with a ton of hospitals so there are plenty he doesn't deliver at, but he does deliver at more than 1.

Kristen (7), Timothy (5), Robert (3), Charles (9 months)

• Options

My obgyn delivers out of both hospitals. My MW with DD was actually employed by one of the hospitals, so she only delivered there. My MW this time only delivers at the other hospital and has her office in a building connected to it.

If I had delivered with my obgyn, she would have given me my choice of hospitals, but suggested one based on my insurance, so I would end up paying the least amount out of pocket.

• Options
    I didn't know this was so common. I was so bummed when I found out they delivered out of the newer hospital. I heard its beautiful, but it didn't get very good reviews from c-section mamas. I'm so glad I can choose, and I don't have to switch ob's. I'm still hoping to do a V-bac, but if I end up with a c-section, at least I'll be happy with my hospital.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, my ob can deliver at four hospitals in my area.  One of her offices is at the hospital that I prefer, but if I ever have complications with future pregnancies I will plan to deliver at another hospital that she can deliver at (they have a better nicu unit).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My OB delivers out of three hospitals, but they are all part of the same hospital system.  I could choose any of the three, but she really tried to steer me towards one of them - turns out that one was closest to her house.  It was the one that I wanted to deliver at anyway...
  • Options
    yep.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Options
    Yup, my OB delivers at two different hospitals (and while they aren't across the street, they aren't very far from each other).
  • Options
    My OB delivers out of two hospitals.  When I went in for one of my earlier appts, she asked where I wanted to deliver and I let her know which one.  She wrote it on my chart.  It's the same hospital I went to for DD1.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"