December 2010 Moms
Options

alcohol excuses?

I am hardly a lush, but I am known to enjoy a glass of wine or two at social gatherings or the occasional after-school margarita.  Enough so that my not drinking at events is bound to be noticed, especially by eagle-eyed, pregnancy-seeking family members :)

Some excuses I have used so far are: "I am just soooooo tired that if I drink I'll just fall asleep," and "I am soooo thirsty I really just need a glass of water!"  I think I might also use "I drank too much last night; I don't even want to look at wine!" at some point.  The ruse isn't going to last long, though.  I have two situations coming up that I don't know about... a baby shower this weekend-- I think I am just going to carry around a glass of wine and not really drink it-- and an after-work "drinks" to bid farewell to a coworker.  I like my little pod of teacher girls but I am not ready to share yet, and they WILL notice!

Any suggestions?  Any creative excuses you've used? TIA!

Re: alcohol excuses?

• Options

Antibiotics

I told my cws that my GI asked me to lay off the alcohol for a month to see if that's what is causing my acid reflux (I really do have acid reflux disease...)

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am in the same boat...when I dont drink everyone assumes!  (does make me feel like lush, but I am not :)  I think the Anitbiotic/Prescription excuse is great.  I have just told people that we are trying to get pregnant and the Pre-Natal vitamins are making me feel sick, so alcohol just doesnt sound good.  Good Luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't had to use it on anyone yet, but I'm thinking about telling my close friends that I'm laying off the alcohol and caffeine this summer to stay better hydrated for my running. I had some scary fainting spells last summer because I wasn't staying hydrated enough, so I think it would be believable to people who remember that.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Say you are trying to cut some calories
  • Options

imageguppybaby:
    Say you are trying to cut some calories

That should work! Just say you are doing the south beach diet and phase 1-3 (I think it's 1-3) require you cut caffine and alcohol. It's super strict!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have used the "I'm the designated driver" and it seemed to work.
  • Options
    When I was out with coworkers last Friday, I just went up to the bar to order instead of from the server. I bought my husband an actual beer and asked the bartender to make me a Coke that looked like a rum & Coke. He smiled and obliged and I know we fooled people. Good luck!
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"