Attachment Parenting
Options

Guess I'm still "potent", LOL!

A coworker is visiting with her 10 week old baby.  He's totally adorable and I took my turn holding him.

He immediately started rooting and wouldn't even look at me, just at my chest.  :-)  So I was nice and passed him along so he wouldn't get fussy.  Now he's eating, LOL.

Apparently even though I'm only pumping 5-8 ounces at work, the smell is still powerful!  :-P

Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09

Re: Guess I'm still "potent", LOL!

• Options

lol

same thing happens to me when i hold my aunts new baby. she decided to stop breastfeeding fairly quickly though so i think it bothered her when she noticed what he was doing...

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    imageGypsyMomma2009:

lol

same thing happens to me when i hold my aunts new baby. she decided to stop breastfeeding fairly quickly though so i think it bothered her when she noticed what he was doing...

Yeah, I didn't make too big a deal of it.  That's why I came here to brag.  :-)

Apparently this little guy is a huge eater and mama is going from formula supplementation to full time formula over the next few weeks.  I let her know about a million times that I was here if she needed BFing help, but by the time she mentioned it she was already resigned to using formula.  Which is fine...I just wish I could have helped sooner since I know money is tight.

We were also surrounded by several male coworkers, so I didn't want to freak them out too much.   Stick out tongue

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mr+msmr+ms member
    DD would do that to anyone who held her for the first few months. It was a little bit embarrassing when she did it to male friends... I was thinking ooops, sorry my baby is looking for a boob! 
  • Options
    I think it's the squishyness of a boob rather than the scent because both of my kids have rooted on their grandmas as well and I'm assuming they don't smell like milk 35-40 years later!
    - Jena
  • Options

imagejen5/03:
    I think it's the squishyness of a boob rather than the scent because both of my kids have rooted on their grandmas as well and I'm assuming they don't smell like milk 35-40 years later!

It's possible...although the 50 year old woman holding him before and after me didn't get the same treatment.  ;-)

• Options
    My cousin stopped BF her DS because "he was going to be one of those kids that BF until he was 5." He would always find his way next to me whenever I BF my DS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"