Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Walmart BabyMod Parklane & Ikea Gulliver

Hello again,

I am scrambling around trying to find a safe and affordable crib without a dropside since mine was recalled.  This one was suggested by another Bumpie.  Does anyone else have it in any of the colors?  How do you like it?  It looks like it received good reviews.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Mod-ParkLane-3-in-1-Convertible-Crib-Espresso/8592555

I am very short and I need something that I can reach into easily.  This seems to be one of the shortest ones out there. 

I would also like to know if it works okay with a bumper, bedskirt and mobile.  I read in a few of the reviews that this may be a problem due to the height/shape of the crib.  Our bedding has already been purchased and I would really like to be able to use it.

This crib it a bit more that we wanted to spend, but I can stretch the budget a bit if it is worth it.

I have also heard good things about the Ikea Gulliver and it is much cheaper.  I would like to know a little bit more about the quality/sturdiness and if it will take a standard mattress. 

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40118818

I would love to see your pictures of these set up with bedding as well! Smile 

Thanks for your opinions and have a good weekend! Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Walmart BabyMod Parklane & Ikea Gulliver

• Options

I don't have a crib yet, but I just thought I'd share what I've read. I really like the walmart one. They used it in the nursery on this blog, and they even made their own skirt, if you're crafty like that. I think it looks great.

The gulliver is rated very well in baby bargains, so if you go that route, I wouldn't be worried. I've seen lots of people post on here about how happy they are with it.

• Options

Sorry, the link doesn't work. That's what I get for trying to be all fancy.

It's this:

https://www.younghouselove.com/2010/03/nursery-progress-skirting-the-issue/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the IKEA Gulliver and we love it. Great size (I'm short, too) - and very sturdy. We're using it with a regular (i.e. non-IKEA) mattress - it fits fine.
  • Options

we don't have a baby in it yet, but so far love my Gulliver (we painted ours turquoise for extra fun).  It's the perfect size for a small room and short momma.  I bought the Colgate II foam mattress, and it's a nice snug fit. 

this picture should give you an idea of how short it is.  i'm 5'2" for reference.

• Options

the ikea is highly rated in both baby bargains and consumer reports.  I know that it is made of wood. it takes a standard mattress

We are getting it (I'm short too) so that was also a deciding factor!

• Options

We just bought this BabyMod from Walmart and I'm pretty short myself (only 5ft).

My husband thinks it looks short, but I think it's a great height for me.  Even with the matress set at the highest point, it's not too high - which makes me wonder if I would have had a lot of issues with a normal height crib.  I read in some reviews that this crib is on average, about 5 inches shorter than other cribs.  But in saying that, I still think it's great - works for me just fine!

As far as I can tell myself, all the proportions are the same as other other than the height difference, so any crib bumper, bedskirt and all of that will work - it's just that the whole crib  itself is lower......hope that helps a bit.

I really like the BabyMod Parklane so far :) 

• Options
    mooetamooeta member
    I love my Ikea Gulliver.  IT is very sturdy, easy to assemble and I like that it's low impact.  Whatever you decorate with will take center stage vs a crib being the focal point.  To me that was a huge plus.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have the Baby Mod and I love it.  We live in a townhouse with clean lines and it really fits our style.  I'm not short, but can see how this would ideal for someone who is.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"