TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Re: MTHFR

Allison, we talked about you in my appointment this morning.  I had the most awesome PA I've ever had in my WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE.  She was incredible.  At one point she said "You have MTHFR!  ME TOO!  I'm homozygous though. That's why my babies came early when they came!" then later she said "If you ever need anything, no matter how crazy or neurotic, please call me. I'll call you back that day even if I don't know the answer."  I wanted to weep she was so awesome.

ANYHOOO, she was dx'd with MTHFR after several losses and using lovenox and heparin, carried 2 separate pregnancies past 31 weeks each.  Her babies were early, but here, and healthy.  She says there's an MTHFR page on Facebook we should check out full of awesomeness and that she's there "in case your friends ever need me too."

Re: Re: MTHFR

• Wait, did I know you had MTHFR?  Are you hetero or homo?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • thanks for posting this  I am gonna check out the facebook page right now :)
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Loading the player...
  • ohhh it looks like alot of stories on there Yes
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • imageBBHME:
    Wait, did I know you had MTHFR?  Are you hetero or homo?

I giggled. I'll go hang my head in shame.

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • imageCarrieLeigh84:

imageBBHME:

I giggled. I'll go hang my head in shame.

don't laugh at the homo MTHFR! lmaoStick out tongue
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • imageBBHME:

I'm hetero, so it's not that big of a deal, but the doc's concerned we might have late pregnancy problems (because of MTHFR or blood glucose). Also, I think he's pretty darned committed to getting this one to delivery, kwim?  

• You are the love of my life.

Thank you so much, I am checking that out today. Why are you wasting time on me, when it should be all about you and Little Grr?

• imageambrandau2:

You are the love of my life.

Thank you so much, I am checking that out today. Why are you wasting time on me, when it should be all about you and Little Grr?

Um, cuz it's about all of us, my dear.  For real.

Seriously though, I got all weepy when I was talking to her. . . hopeful and weepy and all sorts of stuff.  She said the FB page was the bee's knees and we should all go join and check it out and that there was so. much. hope. there and she knows that's what we need. . .

Then she did a perfect stick for my blood draw and I told her I loved her.  :)

• Your nurse sounds great.  I'm so glad to hear the u/s went well too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thats awsome.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • was dx'd w/ "mother f'er" (as I call it) too....running to the facebook page!!
    MC #1 12/06 MC #2 10/07 MC#3 10/08 *Forever Missed* Diagnosed with MTHFR 10/09 but was told it is not the reason for my "unexplained IF"
    Diagnosed with High FSH, low folical count, and absent anti mullerian count 08/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"