Stay at Home Moms

What chores do you do daily?

Im getting overwhlemed by the amount of chores that must be done daily because ds is mobile. IDEALY a sweep/mop of kitchen, all dishes, vacuum living room & laundry. How the heck am I supposed to find time to play with him?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What chores do you do daily?

• Personally, I've found that when DS is up, I pretty much just play with him. That is, unless he's playing by himself, and then I clean or get done whatever needs it. Other than that, I make a mental (sometimes actual) list of what MUST get done THAT DAY, and do that while he's asleep. I feel like whatever else I get done on top of that is a bonus!
  • My daily list includes dishes, preparing meals, taking out at least one garbage, and I try to sweep/vacuum every other day.  Laundry - I do this 2-3 days/week so it is not a week long endeavor. 

I still have time to play with my son, but I do try to get him to do more and more on his own.  I know this is hard when they are under 1.  Just balance your cleaning with play, at some point he will need to learn to entertain himself little by little. 

Also, maybe you don't need to mop everyday?  It seems like sweep/vacuum daily and mop a couple times/week would be sufficient.  Unless you have some crazy mud covered dog or something.  A little dirt on the floor isn't going to hurt your son.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Dishes, wipe down stove/counters, run the stick vacuum in the kitchen and dining room, pick up our bedrooms, bring down dirty laundry and usually do one load (unless it's laundry day, then I do it all), pick up family room/playroom once during the day, then again after DD goes to bed.  

I always have one "big" chore daily, and as long as DD's nap goes well I'll get it done.  If not, I often get it done after DH gets home.  The other day he took her shoe shopping (he was home early from work), and I had a full 90 minutes to get the upstairs vacuumed and mopped without having to entertain her or be quiet while she slept.  It was nice!  :-)

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Dishes, clean up living room, prepare meals...Laundry tends to spread over days and that is what I am worst at.  By the time I finish washing and folding everything, I run out of time to put things away!  I should probably do a little laundry every day :-)  When LO is awake I want to hold her and interact with, so I only get things done when she is resting :-)

• Just meal prep and cleaning up afterward.  DD cleans her toys up herself now before bed.  Everything else waits til the weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"