Northern California Babies

what free activities do you do with your toddler?

I'm trying to put a positive spin on the RIF letter I got and the fact that all the jobs I have seen to apply for pay half what I was making if I got the job.  So...

What activities do you do and where did you find your free activities?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: what free activities do you do with your toddler?

• The boys were never into them, but story time is a great fun & free activity. Most libraries and bookstores have 'em.

Going to the park, feeding the ducks at a local pond, playing a game of i-spy in the backyard.

I have Active Kids Directory as a fan page on FB and sometimes they list free things.

• Pretty much the park and library. Library has storytime but we can't usually go due to timing (during the week while I'm working). But she still enjoys going and picking out books.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS LOVES the free story time offered at our public libraries.  There are several near us so we have a pretty good selection of days and times and we try to get him to one a week.

We also go to the park quite a bit, and the Farmer's market is a weekly treat -- dogs to see, food samples, free music, people watching.  All free.

And for my hockey loving kid, a few hours at the ice rink (the Shark's practice rink) is perfect free entertainment.  No matter when we go some group of kids is playing hockey and taking ice skating lessons on one of their rinks.  DS doesn't know they aren't the real Sharks.  ;)

We also took him to see chickens, pigs, and cows at Emma Prusch Farm Park a few weeks ago (near King Street and 280 in SJ).  It was a big hit with him.

• I like this website:

https://www.bayareaonthecheap.com/dates/

And of course, play-dates with the Weez on M & F are always free!  I am planning on spending a lot of time in the pool again this summer.  We should look into getting a multi-use punch pass, they might be cheaper!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And there is the fancy indoor playground at our fave mall (great place for a field-trip ;)  Plus barnes and noble has a play are with a train table and developmental toys. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The other thing I'd look into is churches - even if you don't go to that church.  My boys go to a free Music & Me class at one of our local churches.  It's every other week for 30 minutes, and they even provide childcare for siblings so I can have one-on-time with each kid.

I also have the boys enrolled at several vacation bible schools this summer.  One is free, one is $15, and the other is $25.

And this isn't free, but ends up being cheap.  We have an annual membership to the zoo and the children's museum.  Each one was ~$60 for the family.  We go all the time, so we definitely get our money's worth!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"