Upstate NY Babies

Anyone wanna read my birth story?

Here it is...semi-short & sweet.

I went in on March 30th at 7:00am.  Received Cytotec (cervical ripener) at 8:15.  Started Pitocin at 12:45.  I was about 1 1/2cm dilated at this time.  Contractions weren't too bad, I was able to walk around.  I had only progressed to 2cm/50% effaced by 3:30.  Contractions were about every 2 minutes but they were tolerable and I was breathing through them.  There was no change at 8:00pm so the nurse called my OB.  It was decided to take me off Pitocin overnight and do another dose of Cytotec.  I received a dose at 9:20pm.  I slept on and off overnight.

March 31, they put me back on Pitocin at 5:00am and my OB broke my water around 9:00am.  Holy hel! I was not prepared for how bad that hurt!  Contractions became really strong.  I got in the shower and just sat there with the water on my belly.  That was nice.  (I had wanted to use the tub but there was meconium in my fluid so I couldn't).  When I got out of the shower I just felt so exhausted and waek and i was in a lot of pain so I got the epidural around 11:00am.  It took great but I did have a "hot spot" where Stella was pushed up against my pelvis and I could still feel the pain in this one spot.  The anestheisiologist (sp?) came back and gave me some more epidural and the "hot spot" went away.  I fell asleep immediately and got some rest. 

My OB came in a few times and I was at 10cm by 2:30 but still had a little bit of cervix left.  I started pushing around 4:00 but her head was still at 0 station and was not budging at all.  Around 5:30 the decision was made to do a c-section and I welcomed it with open arms.  My epi had been turned down so I could push and once in the OR they tried to get it back but I could still feel them poke at me (before they started the surgery, don't worry!).  So they had to take the epidural out and put in a spinal.  That was hard b/c I was forced to sit up in the hunched over position in the cold OR while they did this.  And worse, DH was still out waiting to be told to come in!  He later told me that he was freaking out a little bit!

I heard them call the incision time of 6:44 and at 6:47pm my OB told DH to lean over the curtain so he could see the baby coming out. Then he leaned down to me to whisper "We have our little Stella".  That was the most special moment of all b/c we were Team Green.  She was born exactly 36 hours after we checked in to the hospital.  She was 8lbs. 8oz., 20 1/4 inches long and scored a 9 & 9 on her Apgars.  It was all totally worth it. 

C-Section recovery has been slow and steady.  I feel better every day even though now, 1 month later, I'm still feeling a little sore. 

Here is a newborn pic!

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: Anyone wanna read my birth story?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"