Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Today was her due date (warning ticker inside)

I have not posted here in about 6 months, but I remember what a support it was to me after our loss.  I hope it is okay that I am posting here now. I am having a rough time with today.  It was the due date of our little girl.

Here is the quick version of our story...

Late August my husband and I found out we were expecting our first baby.  We were of course thrilled! However, late September I started spotting.  We had several weeks of tests and misdiagnosis, but we ultimately lost the baby.  I had a D&C October first. The doctor ordered genetic testing because the pathologist thought something looked odd about the placenta.  It turns out they found nothing abnormal and did not have a cause for our loss.  We did find out our baby was a girl.

We are lucky enough to be pregnant again, but a day doesn't go by that I don't think of our little girl.  Today I should be holding her.

For those of you going through a loss now, know that it does get better.  Life will move on again and it will feel okay to be happy again.  I promise! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Today was her due date (warning ticker inside)

• Options
    I'm am sorry for your sadness that comes with today.  I am happy for the joy that you are carrying with you.  Thoughts and prayers go out to you - may this be your take home baby, and you never find yourself here again. 
    DS1 born 3/30/09
    natural mc @ 10w4d 3/7/10
    DS2 born 9/13/12

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're sad today. Good luck with this pregnancy I hope it is your sticky baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry your sad today. I'm glad soon you will have a baby to hold.
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad to know the real stories-- about how yes, there is hope for the future, but no, you never will forget your first baby. Maybe you and DH can light a candle and make a wish for your little girl - or something like that to celebrate and acknowledge her and this day. And while you're at it, make a wish for baby in your belly, too. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank you for sharing. I have been looking around these boards this morning, as I just lost my baby yesterday. I am still in a fuzzy state of mind and your words of encouragement are comforting. Congrats on the new baby and pray that she or he is a healthy baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"