Austin Babies

Baby-friendly "adult" restaurants

My parents and grandparents are coming in town this weekend and we'd like to go to a nice restaurant (not Jeffrey's nice though) for dinner. I'd like to avoid a chain, if possible. What are some restaurants in town that we can take a carseat without feeling out of place? Normally I'd suggest Moonshine or Hyde Park Bar & Grill, but I don't really consider those places kid-friendly. Thanks, ladies!

Re: Baby-friendly "adult" restaurants

• Eastside Cafe?  I love that place.
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • We took C out to a lot of places when he was tiny:  Moonshine, ZTejas, Siena, Roaring Fork.  We never felt uncomfortable and the restaurants seemed to always be very accommodating.
    image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • There is a Hyde Park down south that is baby friendly.  It's not the same atmosphere as the original, but the food is still just as tasty.  I also second the Eastside Cafe rec.
  • Could you go someplace with a patio and go at a less busy time?  I don't know that the weather is supposed to be like, but sitting outside always works great for us.  That way if your little one got fussy, it wouldn't be a big deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We go to The Grove in Westlake and sit on the patio (inside if the weather isn't good) and it's very family friendly.  We are usually surrounded by kids and the food is yummy and fantastic wine selection!
  • I second ZTejas & the Grove. Those two are on our kid-friendly, but yummy/nice rotation.  
  • Oh, and we LOVE the Grove!  Also, if we take C out we are usually out early so it's never crowded.  This makes any restaurant more 'baby friendly' :-)
    image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used to take H to Uchi when he was in the car seat. Heck we took him there recently and they gav him rice and tofu and veggies. He loved it :)

I've found especially at the car seat age, if you just go where ever with the attitude that you belong there, no one will look at you funny.

Good luck :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How about Mandolas? 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"