Indiana Babies
Options

FW moms: Dupont or Parkview North?

I'd love to hear your opinions!  I'm currently choosing between the two.  Of course we'll be at Lutheran if we deliver before 32 weeks, but if all goes well, these two are the closest to us and where my doc practices. 

Thanks so much!!!

Re: FW moms: Dupont or Parkview North?

• Options
    I delivered in Indy..but SIL delivered neice as well as twin neice and nephew at Dupont and had a great experience with all three...all were in the nicu for a short time and did well! 
    Photobucket
  • Options

I dont have kids yet, but I have friends who delivered at both and they said the hospitals are very similar. PVN though is under construction so Dupont is easier to access right now.  I would say personally any of the 3 Dupont, Lutheran and PVN are all great hospitals.

Who is your doctor?  I was seeing Dr. Weise at Women's Health Advantage at Dupont, but she moved so I see Dr. Thomas now at WHA.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Being from FW, I've had lots of friends/acquaintances deliver at both places.  They've all raved about their experiences at both.  I know this isn't really helpful, but I just wanted to say that I don't think you could go wrong either way.

And I was born at Lutheran, so you know if you deliver there, you'll have a genius (like all other babies born there Wink )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks, everyone.  That actually does help.  I had a fab experience with DS, and am sad I can't be back there with my old OB and old hospital.

My doc is Dr. Chung.  She delivers at both.  DS's pedi's office is actually attached to Dupont, and after emailing just this morning to see if I could schedule a tour, Dupont called me back and is giving me one tomorrow!  So their service is amazing, that's for sure.  They are letting me tour this weekend because my mom is going to be in town!  

So far, Dupont is winning....:-)

• Options
    My sister delivered at Dupont and loved it.  Plus they have an excellent photographer for newborn pics.  Most of my friends have also delivered at Dupont and had excellent experiences.  I know one person that delivered at Parkview North and they had a good experience, bad nurse.  I should add that this person works for Parkview so it was a huge discount for her to deliver at PVN so that is why she chose it.  HTH
  • Options

I delivered the boys at Dupont and had a wonderful experience, the nurses and care was great.  The boys also were in the NICU there for a little over two weeks due to being born two months early and also had wonderful care.

I also had a friend deliver once at Dupont and once at Parkview, if she were to have another child she would choose Dupont due to their staff.  I've heard from numerous people that the staff there just isn't as great as Duponts.

What Pedi does your son see?

• Options

I'm a pharmacist at Lutheran (and delivered there), so I'd say Dupont :) Either way, hoping NOT to see you at Lutheran!

Jessica

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"