Upstate NY Babies
Options

I can't stop bawling...

I think it's hormonal, and i'm being ridiculous....But I've been getting SO upset at DH that he doesn't want to do anything to help me get ready for our LO. We have so much junk to get rid of, and everything else, and all he's worried about is planting a garden in the back yard.

I think i'm losing it today.

AND we got in an arguement b/c I broke my phone, (or thought it was broke) and he wouldn't loan me the money to get a new one. he told me to survive without.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: I can't stop bawling...

• Options
    Is he a big guy?  Could I take him?
  • Options
    shoot, hit post too fast.  I'm sorry.  On top of the hormones it sounds like he is being a bit of a douche.  Ihope he comes to his senses soon and starts helping.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

hormones are fun aren't they?

maybe your DH is thinking he has to get the garden started then work on getting things ready for the baby? at least that's the order i would do those things in. in my mind getting the plants in to grow and then tackle other to-do's makes sense to me. i'm not saying that the garden is of a higher priority then the baby, it's just that in order to get things growing they might have to be worked on first.

and hey at least your DH is thinking about a garden! mine took mine away because it was too much work! boo!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJessis62781:
    Is he a big guy?  Could I take him?

Haha! This cracked me up :)

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Husbands can be so annoying! 

I totally don't want to defend him, but maybe he is nervous about the baby, and somehow thinks getting the garden done is something he "needs" to do before the baby comes.  There were all sorts of irrational things my husband felt were necessary before the baby.  (Like re-caulking the bathtub in our rented apartment!)

Either way, I'm sorry he's being a jerk.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageemiliemetcalf:

Husbands can be so annoying! 

I totally don't want to defend him, but maybe he is nervous about the baby, and somehow thinks getting the garden done is something he "needs" to do before the baby comes.  There were all sorts of irrational things my husband felt were necessary before the baby.  (Like re-caulking the bathtub in our rented apartment!)

Either way, I'm sorry he's being a jerk.

This is totally my husband too.

I had to threaten to paint the nursery myself (brush in hand and everything, and he knows how TERRIBLE I am at painting) before he would do it.

We actually sat down & made a to-do list together & prioritized what needed to be accomplished first.

Good luck!

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options

I was just reading a blog post about this baby that had to have surgery (keep in mind - everything turned out OK in the end & he's 4 now) but i started crying at my desk (this is not normal...)

Men are so irrational sometimes. at least my DH - if he doesn't mow the lawn EVERY WEEK - he'll die. or at least have a heart attack from all the pressure he puts on himself to keep it perfect. but the nursery is half painted, the front door is half finished, the bathroom is half painted half finished, there are paint cans in our bedroom along with various other hardware that he pulled from some room, the hallway upstairs needs to be painted... the list goes on. but if the grass outsteps it's allotted specification (2" +/- 1") he'll die.

when it took him 3 weeks to go pick up the baby's dresser - I threatened to go down there and pick it up myself!

I think there is a small part of them that thinks "well, if I remain uninvolved in the planning stages, maybe I won't have to change as many diapers"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Men are so weird sometimes... I cleaned out the whole baby's room myself because if I waited for my husband to do it, it would have never been done!  The only thing he did was move the desk out with the help of my brother (after I bugged him for 2 weeks)... yet if he doesn't do the dishes the second they go in the sink life as we know it will cease to exist... sigh....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Sorry it is bothering you!  DH didn't get our nursery painted until I was 8 months pregnant.  So that meant I couldn't start getting things ready in there until it was painted.  He probably would have waited longer, but one of my showers was at my house and I told him I was planning on showing people the nursery. 

But the phone thing would make me angry.  What if you needed help or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"