Multiples

s/o night nurses

I guess a night nurse is never something we even considered, but it seems like a lot of MoMs hire them....am I in the minority? 

I can't speak to what it would be like to have older children plus two newborns, and while sleep deprivation really does suck, you manage. Mine were not the 'eat & go back to sleep' kind, we often were up for hours trying to get them back to sleep. But you figure it out.

I guess I just want those who are still pg to know that if they can't afford a night nurse they WILL survive those first difficult months:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o night nurses

• I commented on how much they cost, but we never used one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We never used one.  We can't afford it.  But even if we could, their nursery is next door to our room and I cannot sleep if one of them is up.  Even when MH gets up to feed one, I lay in bed wide awake until they fall back asleep.  So I am not even sure I would benefit from one anyway. 

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • we had one the first 5 nights home from the hospital and it was one of the best decisions i have ever made. I thought I would feel weird eth a stranger in my tiny apt handling my babies, but it was so reassuring to have someone so experienced there to help us.

It helped me heal those first painful days after the c/s and get some rest. She was wonderful and helped us so much with their first baths, swaddling correctly etc...

Also, had my OB write a letter stating my need or "Rx" for "in-home help" to cover some of the cost of the night nurse through my insurance...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I remember my mom saying for months that she'd pay for one, but I kept saying no, no, no. Finally, when the boys were 3 months old, and I had to go back to work, I relented. I only used her on the nights before I had work, otherwise I wouldn't have.

It's definitely a luxury, no doubt. An awesome one. :)

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Of course when I was pg we were expecting ours to stay up for hours like DS1, we didn't know we'd be so lucky.  We never even thought of hiring someone, we have nowhere near the money for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"