Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

XP- Simplicity recall-anyone dealing w/ this?

I got the Simplicity Ellis 4-in-1 crib from Babycenter Store (back when it was still in business).  I read that Simplicity is no longer in business and the CPSC recommended people contact their original point of purchase for a refund, replacement, or store credit.  Well... since Babycenter store is no longer in business now..I'm not quite sure what to do. 

I contacted Babycenter.com (since they are still running their website) but have not received any response from them.  So if anyone here got their Simplicity crib from a store that is no longer in business..what are you doing?  Just taking it as a loss and buying a new crib or toddler bed or are you trying a different avenue to go down?

TIA!

Re: XP- Simplicity recall-anyone dealing w/ this?

• Options
    i would contact simplicity directly and see what they say, i bought my crib (simplicity also) at walmart in 2007 and there was a recall on that one i had so i just returned it to the store but i contacted simplicity also. they were the ones that told me to return it to the store. does babycenter have a customer service number you can call? good luck!
  • Options
    We bought ours from a friend, not sure where they got it at but we just returned it to WalMart. I never mentioned that I didn't buy it there, just told them that I had a recalled crib and wanted to return it.  Our local WalMart said they were instructed to return all of the recalls and refund a flat 90.00... You can call and see.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi gisellems and diamond! Thanks for your help!

giselle- I tried to call the phone number for Simplicity, but they disconnected..and unfortunately Babycenter does not have a customer service number..just an email.

diamond- Thanks for the tip!!!!!  We have 3 Walmarts in my area so I will give it a go and see if any of them will take it back. 

• Options

I might be wrong, but I don't remember WalMart selling the Ellis 4-in-1.  It doesn't hurt to check, though.  You may have better luck at Target.  I know they sold that model since that's where we got ours from.

I called customer service and they told me that they will be doing a store credit of $249 for that model.  I'm just hoping that they will still have the crib we want to buy in stock by the time we get there tomorrow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"