Toddlers: 24 Months+

XP: Anyone have this KidKraft Playhouse?

It's available for the time being at Costco & my mom wanted to give this as a gift to our LO's.  I'd like a personal review of it, if possible, as to the likes/dislikes and durability of an all-wood structure vs. a plastic playhouse.

Thank you!

https://www.costcob.com/KidKraft%20Outdoor%20Playhouse%20at%20Costco

Re: XP: Anyone have this KidKraft Playhouse?

• We just bought it and put it together this past weekend.  I thought that the materials were pretty substantial. and it is absolutely adorable.   It took DH and I just over 3 hours to put together.  We're pretty good at such things, so if you're not, you may want to:  slot for extra assembly time, and wait unitl it's all together to tighten all of the bolts. (in case you need to undo any)  We did have one panel that the pre-drilled holes did not match  (The door into the door frame) and had to use wood screws to attach properly.  It is weather-sealed wood.

We may go back later and apply extra sealant, and perhaps put it on a small brick/cinderblock foundation to limit water seepage (right now we have it on woodchips) And we wll likely cover it for winter (with some reinforcing 2X4's and a tarp) as I don't think the roof could handle a very heavy icy/snow for long without warping/cracking. 

DD absolutely loves it.  It's difficlutt to get her back inside the house anymore.  She had a hand-me down Little Tykes house that she doesn't like a fraction as much as this one.  Our bottom line:  it's not as sturdy as a $3K wooden house, and less weather-resistant than a plastic house.  But if cared for and weatherproofed, it's a great adorable affordable alternative.

Here's some pics of ours all built:

• You could be a rep for KidKraft :)!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate the review and the adorable pictures.  Thank you so much for sharing - I love your suggestions!
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought it but haven't put it together yet. We're planning on putting foam playmat tiles to make a "floor." From what we saw of it in the store, it looks really awesome and well-made. We've just been waiting for nice weather to assemble ours!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"