TTC after 35
Options

Should Clomid change AF?

I just finished my first round of clomid, and we were not successful. We were prepared for that, but what I wasn't prepared for is how wacked out AF is this month.

For one thing, like clockwork, I have a 30/31 day cycle. This month it was only 24 days! I also don't have the cramps I usually get, it's more like sharp, local pain in my lower abdomen as opposed to the more general abdominal discomfort. What's really scaring me is the amount of blood. I need to get to a bathroom every hour. That is waaayyy heavier than usual.

I was just wondering if clomid has had this kind of effect on anyone else. I plan on calling my ob/gyn office today when they open, but if this is a side effect that many woman have I might just wait to tell her at my next appt.

TIA for any advice!

TTC since February 2009
BFP - Ended in m/c - 6/15/10
BFP - Ended in m/c - 1/2/11
BFP! - 4/13/11 - grow baby grow!! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Should Clomid change AF?

• Options

Yes! When I was doing just Clomid cycles, my period was actually delayed by a day or two, at least! But I found that I O'd earlier. It was all messed up! I hope that helps, even though my cycle ended up longer on Clomid. 

I agree with calling your doc to make sure everything is ok :) GL :)

• Options

On Clomis AF showed a day or 2 later.  It can alter your cycles.  I am assuming that your OB/GYN prescribed the clomid?  Did they do any monitoring?  What is your Dx?  I would call them and let them know what is going on.  From what I have seen on these boards some OB/Gyns do not do the monitoring like they should. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear about your BFN this month. I've been on clomid for 3 months and my period was different each month. Now I tend to have irregular cycles to begin with. But on clomid I had two very painful periods and one with no pain (and I always have pain with AF when off the pill). So for me too it seems to have affected AF sx. I agree with the other responses that talking to your MD is probably the best way to go as painful periods could be a sx of something else (e.g., endo).

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"