Secondary IF

TTC #2 after Lap

Hi ladies! My DH and I conceived our DD after a Lap to remove stage ii endo. I didn't have a period after the lap as we conceived a week later. My pre-af symptoms are almost non existant after giving birth, which I am thrilled about. Prior to the Lap I had really bad cramps during and before af arrived each month. We are currently TTC#2 and I wanted to know if anyone has a similar situation. I've seen my OB/GYN and he seems to think that we'll have no problem conceiving #2 but if I'm not pregnant in 6 months he'll see me back and we'll discuss treatments again. I guess what I'm asking for are any success stories. Thanks for reading :-)
So blessed to have two beautiful little girls! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: TTC #2 after Lap

• Hi and welcome! :)

I have severe endo and just got a BFP (my last lap was Nov 2009). I think the 6 month window is reasonable before treatment, but hopefully you won't need it! :)

Good luck! This is a great group of women.

• Welcome!  Wishing you the best of luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a LAP/HSC to remove endo and uterine polyps when ttc#1.  I got pg the 2nd cycle after the surgery (unmedicated) 

This time my dr didn't think that the endo returned and u/s & HSG did not indicate that the polyps had returned.  So I had a new, different, unexplained IF this time. Yay!  I asked for a referral to an RE and I concieved on my first inj + TI cycle. I'm 34.

Does your dr think the endo syptoms have returned? 

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I think your lack of AF symptoms are normal.  I too had lap (7/09) and the next AF that came along...I didn't even know it had arrived!  That is a good sign that everything was cleared up.  My RE also suggested to prolong it's return, taking BCP non stop (no sugar pill week) until you are ready to TTC again.  Just a thought that you might run past your OB
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had 2 laps since TTC#2 with no luck. 
  • I  too had endo and 3 laps. It took me 4 years to get #1 but that was also due to another reason I did not know about until I went for #2. I bet you will do great. Keep positive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"