Working Moms

Daycare: juice or juice drink?

Just realized that "juice" at daycare is some kind of orange drink. I can roll with this, but I'm not thrilled since DD hasn't had anything like that at home yet. Is this typical?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Daycare: juice or juice drink?

• Good question - I've never inquired.  If DD drank juice, she would only be allowed to drink 100% juice.  That being said, I've instructed the teachers not to give DD any juice (generally empty calories).  She drinks hemp milk or water.  I believe the only time the other kids are sometimes given juice is their afternoon snack time.

• I've never asked about the juice at DS's daycare, but I did ask that they give him water instead.  He seems happy with water.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Nanny only gives 100% juice and waters it down since even that has sugar in it.  We do limit her to one cup a day and only now that its getting warmer.
  • I don't let Billy have juice at school - he has a big sippy cup of milk that he brings and when that is done he has water.  He has a cup or orange juice with breakfast at home and sometimes juice or lemonade at dinner after he drinks his milk.  I would rather have him at home where I can control how much and what he gets.  Can yo ujust ask for her to not get it and provide them with milk or have them give water?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD does not regularly drink juice. We'll water some down if she's constipated, but she normally gets milk and water.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think it probably is typical b/c it's cheaper.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check what your state regulations are. I think here in GA, daycare providers have to serve 100% juice. (Or water, or milk.)

I would not be cool with daycare serving a "juice drink" because there is absolutely 0 nutritional value to a "juice drink."

• DD's daycare only gives 100 fruit juice on "special occasions." So far none have happened. We don't give DD juice at home either. She's had apple pedialyte when she's sick and I know she likes it because she drinks it so quickly, but she likes water just fine.

I would not be OK with juice drink.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"