Adoption

Very moving video - What IF?

Mel from the blog, Stirrup Queens, is starting a project called "Project IF."  The first part of the project involved individual bloggers coming up with "What IF" statements about infertility, adopting, deciding to live a child-free life, etc. in honor of National Infertility Awareness Week.  For example, what if I never get to adopt?  Or what if I never become a parent?

Part 2 of the project involved taking one of those statements (or making up your own) and exploring what it meant on your own blog.  I did this on my blog and have already read the blogs of a few other people who have done the same.

One of the women who participated decided to take it a step further.  Her name is Keiko and she created the following video:  What IF:  A Portrait of Infertility   https://www.vimeo.com/11214833

It's so well done.  It's so moving -- so many  parts of it really hit  home with me.  I wanted to share it with everyone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Very moving video - What IF?

• Thank you for sharing! So very moving.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow.. I loved that video, it was very touching. (I just wish it didn't bounce so much, didn't do much for my nausea)
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for posting this. So much of it was so true for me.
  • I love that! I was bawling

After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thank you for sharing.  That was so well done.
  • great video! thanks for sharing.
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • I found this video on someone else's blog and added it to mine. I love her video and I especially love that it ends with Hope. I think so many women and men think IF is the end of something, when it really can be the beginning of something wonderful just as all ya'll have learned/are learning. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"