High-Risk Pregnancy

Scared to Poop (tmi)

Right now I am on bedrest for a possible placental aruption. Whenever I go poop even if I push slightly, the brown discharge will come out. Last time I bled was after a bowel movement, So I am scared to poop but I also have a stomach ache from not pooping as much. My poop is really loose right now so it's not that I'm straining. Just wonderin if anyone has a similar problem?

Re: Scared to Poop (tmi)

• I am going through something similar and my OB said if it is brown it is old blood.    You should go and let nature call.  If you pass more red clots, call your OB.  Nothing is worse than keeping it in as it will make you sick.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thats so crazy b/c I was thinking the same thing tonight. I had an abruption last week, and my poop is very hard. Im always scared to push. Its ok as long as the blood is brown, thats old blood. I am having that come out too. I am putting flax seed in my oatmeal and stuff and that helps regulate me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • i had a previa and had a bleeding incident after i strained to poop. scared the crap out of me (no pun intended). hang in there!
  • With my first pregnancy, I had abruptions and previa and my OB had me take colace daily so that I wouldn't have to strain.  Thanks to the iron in the pre-natals even though I ate a good diet I would still need to push more than I should and the colace did help.

I agree with pp, the brown discharge is just the old blood working its way out of your system and that's fine.  Just be on the look out for pink or red tones in your discharge.

Ah, don't we all look forward to days when we aren't analyzing the toilet paper after going to the bathroom!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagechristina06:

With my first pregnancy, I had abruptions and previa and my OB had me take colace daily so that I wouldn't have to strain.  Thanks to the iron in the pre-natals even though I ate a good diet I would still need to push more than I should and the colace did help.

Ah, don't we all look forward to days when we aren't analyzing the toilet paper after going to the bathroom!!

Exactly to two points here: Colace is very good for keeping things soft and moving along and I am very, very tired of dreading trips to the toilet.  I want a rule after DS is born that I will not look at the toilet paper or the toilet water any more!!!   Amen!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"