High-Risk Pregnancy

What's the opposite of white-coat syndrome?

Because I definitely have it.... I swear my doc must think I'm the biggest faker EVER.  My BP is all over the place, 145/97, 150/92, just craziness (testing by a paramedic at the fire station and then a nurse next door to my office).  I call in to tell the doc, his secretary calls me back and says come quick.  I race over and they take my BP, 130/79.  I go home, get all wierd, test again and I'm back to 145/107... Most people get anxious when they have to go to the doc- me? I calm down and look like a BIG FAT FAKER!!!

Arg.

Re: What's the opposite of white-coat syndrome?

• haha, this would happen to me but it was with contractions.  I would have severe contractions at home and once I got to the office or the L&D unit I would stop contracting.

Maybe you could take a picture on your phone or camera to show your doctor? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine jumps all over the place too. At my regular OB its always really high but at my high risk doctor its always normal. At my doctors office it was 164/98 then a day later at the high risk doctor 120/80.This is how it always is. This has made them go back and forth between inducing or not and my doctor is probably fed up with me because he keeps pushing for induction because of it but then when the other doc checks it its normal. He probably thinks I'm making him look like a faker induction happy doctor!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemristine6:
    Mine jumps all over the place too. At my regular OB its always really high but at my high risk doctor its always normal. At my doctors office it was 164/98 then a day later at the high risk doctor 120/80.This is how it always is. This has made them go back and forth between inducing or not and my doctor is probably fed up with me because he keeps pushing for induction because of it but then when the other doc checks it its normal. He probably thinks I'm making him look like a faker induction happy doctor!

So happy I'm not the only one!  It's frustrating and I have no idea what to do about it!

• Apparently it's called "masked hypertension." I actually have the white-coat syndrome problem. I kept telling them it was normal at home, but they wanted proof. Ultimately I ended up getting an at-home blood pressure monitor. It's very simple to use and it keeps a log of your numbers. That way, when I go to the doctor I can just bring the little monitor in and show them my numbers with the time and date that I took it.  Maybe you could do the same?

This is similar to the monitor I own.

https://www.amazon.com/Omron-HEM-712C-Automatic-Pressure-IntelliSense/dp/B00006WNPX

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"