Two Under 2

Fantasizing about having a third...

So, my 2u2 are 22 months and 6 months.  DH and I have been fantasizing about having another one.  It's not really practical.  We hadn't been planning to have a third for a couple of years still.

I realized that this is about the same age #1 was when we started talking about having #2 and TTC again.  Is this something biological?  Something about having a 6 month old baby that's fairly easy to take care of (STTN but not mobile or having separation anxiety yet)?  Did anyone else feel this way?

Re: Fantasizing about having a third...

• I think it does have something to do with the age.  I felt like that 5-8 month period was kind of a "honeymoon", so to speak.  The newborn days were behind us, DS was sleeping 12+ hours a night, but he wasn't yet mobile and into everything.  He just sat there smiling all day, so I definitely started to think "omg!  We need another!"

I'm still in the stage where I think I'd DIE if we had a 3rd.  ;)

Good luck, whatever you decide!  

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I feel the same way. DD2 is 6 months too, DD1 is 26 mo. We're not even sure we're going to have a 3rd.. DH is happy with 2. I'm the one who can't stop thinking about it though! And if we do have a 3rd, it'll be in 3 years, not any time soon!

Maybe you're right... it's the emotions (and probably still the hormones evening out) of our baby becoming more independent and sleeping better and we start missing that?

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Loading the player...
  • 5 or 6 months was exactly when I started to get baby fever again....and I got pregnant with DD when DS was about 7 months :) 

I am hoping I don't get baby fever again when DD is that age because we need to wait to have another. We are rapidly outgrowing our house as it is!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hmmm...I don't think I will be fantasizing. Nope.

• imagebim38106:

I feel the same way. DD2 is 6 months too, DD1 is 26 mo. We're not even sure we're going to have a 3rd.. DH is happy with 2. I'm the one who can't stop thinking about it though! And if we do have a 3rd, it'll be in 3 years, not any time soon!

Maybe you're right... it's the emotions (and probably still the hormones evening out) of our baby becoming more independent and sleeping better and we start missing that?

This exactly! DH says we are done, but I can't stop thinking about having another. Not right now though... I would like for DD1 to be in school full time  before adding a 3rd baby.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • And that is what got me here...3 is crazy but I wouldn't change it for the world.  3 is all I ever wanted but the thought of 4 has entered my mind tho I decided to save myself from myself and got a tubal.  there is no way we could do four and dh is done : ) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had 3 in 3 years. We're in a good routine now, but it wasn't easy for the first year. None of my kids STTN early (DD#1 9 months, DD#2 11 months and DS 1 year old), and so sleep deprivation got the best of me.

3 put us over the edge. You are outnumbered and logistically it is much harder to get around.

Also, think about the financials. I always say this to people considering a 3rd (or more). It's not just some more diapers and wipes. That's the least expensive part of it. Think going out to eat, going to the movies, vacations, activities, clothing, etc. The numbers add up.

GL! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I am thinkng about #3 already, and DD is only 6wks old!  :)
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • imageHarrietNJMommy:
    Also, think about the financials. I always say this to people considering a 3rd (or more). It's not just some more diapers and wipes. That's the least expensive part of it. Think going out to eat, going to the movies, vacations, activities, clothing, etc. The numbers add up.

I need my DH to read this!  I should keep it in mind too if I get baby fever again too after this LO arrives!  Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagejkelly41:

imageHarrietNJMommy:

I need my DH to read this!  I should keep it in mind too if I get baby fever again too after this LO arrives!  Thanks!

I really got to thinking about this because I'll have 3 in college at one time. Something to really consider. The costs get huge as they get older. Yes, you can find deals on clothing, etc. but your children will not want hand-me-downs forever, and you can't find shirts for a teenager for $1........

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • i dont even have 2 yet, but we have thought about more. We would wait til DD is at least a year or 1.5 to ttc. I want to BF for a year or so and doing it while pg was hard. I have thought of having DS be in kindergarten and DD 3.5 yrs when I have a third...and maybe a fourth but we'll see. I am getting paraguard after DD is here, so we wont have that temptation of not using a condom...thats one reason at least. 

I think 6 months is the age when we started to talk about ttc. We tried when he was 9 months and got pg that month. I think if you waited til your LO was walking, you may change you mind ;) at least thats what I think sometimes.... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've never made it to six months with out getting pregnant again.....

That said, I assure you I will not be getting baby fever at 6 months this time.  But, I do sometimes think, well if we're gonna have a fourth, we should really do it sooner than later. 

• I think about it everyday! But I know we have to wait AT MINIMUM another year.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I remember thinking the same thing when #2 was around that age.  then I had a 1 and 3 y/o and thought he!! no!  Once they turned 2 and 4, I started thinking #3 wasn't such a bad idea anymore again.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I am actually thinking that I may not even want a 3rd and we were planning on 3! DD is no where near STTN though and it is driving me out of my mind.  I am the 3rd in my family and am 8 years younger than my sister (she and my brother are 27 mos apart.) so I think if we have #3, it will be when DS is in school.

• I don't think you are nuts at all. I have an 8 year old, a 22 month old and 7.5 month old. I think somedays about number four but my 22 mo old is in tantrum land so that saves me. :) my husband however parked in the expectant mother spot today when we wnt to toys r us and said--get the hint!
  • imagekfriscia:
    I think about it everyday! But I know we have to wait AT MINIMUM another year.

Me too!  A day doesnt go by where I dont think about it!  It is going to be hard but we want to wait until DD is atleast 18 months old!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"