Stay at Home Moms
Options

WOW! Just spent $43, got 30 boxes of cereal, and $45 of free milk!

I know what you're thinking...30 boxes of cereal???  Well, we eat a LOT of cereal.  And we go through a LOT of organic milk (3-4 gallons/week).  When DH is out of town or working late, I often eat it for dinner.  We both eat it for an after-dinner snack before bed.  And then there's breakfast, although we usually eat Kashi for breakfast and save the Cheerios/Golden Grahams/Etc for snacks.  We probably go through at least 2-3 boxes a week.  And obviously DD eats lots of Cheerios.  :-)

So, Giant had a deal that ended today, where you had to buy 6 boxes of GM cereal, and you would get $10 off.  PLUS, you would get two coupons for $4.50 each ($9 total) off a future purchase of milk.  We spend at least $20/week on milk.

I did five separate transactions (and had a wonderful cashier who didn't care)!  So, we basically have free milk for the next 2-3 weeks, and enough cereal for many months.  And the best part is, I MADE $2!  Big Smile

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!

Re: WOW! Just spent $43, got 30 boxes of cereal, and $45 of free milk!

• Options
    NICE!!! I'm totally jealous too! We are finally down to less than 10 boxes of cereal and I'm getting concerned, LOL.
  • Options

imageMrsPreK:
    NICE!!! I'm totally jealous too! We are finally down to less than 10 boxes of cereal and I'm getting concerned, LOL.

LOL!  Two months ago Safeway had a special on Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal, that made each box only $1.00!  They are usually $4 each.  DH and I both LOVE that cereal, so I bought 15 boxes.  He made fun of me, but we finished it off this week!  :-)

I forgot to add that I had 6 GM coupons as well today, so that helped a little.

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebabypuplove:

imageMrsPreK:

LOL!  Two months ago Safeway had a special on Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal, that made each box only $1.00!  They are usually $4 each.  DH and I both LOVE that cereal, so I bought 15 boxes.  He made fun of me, but we finished it off this week!  :-)

I forgot to add that I had 6 GM coupons as well today, so that helped a little.

Isn't it funny how when you're buying it you're thinking "wow, I bought WAY too much!" But then it's gone a month or 2 later and you wished you would've bought more!

I still go back and forth on how much stuff to buy when it's a great price. 

• Options
    Awesome deal!
  • Options

WOWZA!!!

You are The Queen of a great deal.  I'm so impressed and inspired!  ;)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    great job!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"