Adoption

Need ideas for Mother's day - tricky situation

Hi ladies.

My SIL and BIL have been awaiting the right adoption opportunity for 4 years.  They were placed with a 1 day old last Christmas through a foster to adopt situation.  Unfortunately, the baby was recently removed from their custody due to a quirky situation (the adoptive parents of the birth mom's other children who were removed for cause opted to take the baby late in the game, and the keep siblings together rules over turned common sense).

Anyway, they sort of went from parents to an empty house in a heartbeat.

I know Mother's Day will be especially hard, and we don't want to ignore the fact that she was indeed a mother for months, even if she doesn't currently have a child to call her own.

What should we do?  Send flowers?  A thinking of you card?  I'm at a loss here. 

Thanks in advance.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need ideas for Mother's day - tricky situation

• i would send a thinking of you card.  it would mean so much to me in my opinion.  you are very thoughful. only too often, we IF and waiting to adopt, etc... ladies are forgotten on this tough day.

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • I think some bright, cheery flowers and a thinking-of-you card would be nice. I know it's not a bright, cheery situation... but it's certainly a nice gesture.
    "Always have faith in God, yourself, and the Cowboys...'-Eddie Sutton

• Loading the player...
  • I think it's wonderful that you are thinking of them.  Yes, send them something -- either the flowers, the card, or both.  I would think it would mean a lot to them to know that you care. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"