Pre-School and Daycare

STOKED about this "preschool and beyond" board... Poll!

What age is your child/ren?

Where are you at in the "preschool and beyond" process (just beginning our search, currently enrolled, Preschool grads, etc.)?

By the way, Hi!  I'm Amanda, The Mod over on The SAHM Board and I lobbied hard for this board, along with several others!  Super excited it's here as my 3 yr. 7mos. old is three weeks into a Preschool-esque Summer Camp program through our local Parks & Rec. Department currently and I feel like every day we take 1 baby step forward and about 3 giant jumps backward and could others to commiserate with!  *sigh* 

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

Re: STOKED about this "preschool and beyond" board... Poll!

• Hi! DD#1 is 2.5 and DD#2 is almost 11 months.

We will not be starting preschool until she is 4, but I am still excited for this board because we fit in more over here then the toddler 24 board as far as what she is doing and all that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DD is 4 (5 in July!!) and DS is 3 months.  We literally just (like 10 minutes ago) finished DD's kindergarten screening.  She's currently in PK. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi!  My DD will be 4 on July 4th.  She is currently in full-time pre-school but she will be moving to pre-k in June.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemarriedchick06:
    ...we fit in more over here then the toddler 24 board as far as what she is doing and all that.

Exactly us, too!  I never actually used the 24+month board because Emily is so much older than the majority of the users' kids there.  Such a shame because I like so many ladies there!  Maybe they will move over here!!!  :)

• DS is 3 and we are next on the waiting list for a 3 day program here
  • Great board!  I have two girls- one is 5.5 & just finishing up pre-K to enter Kindergarten in the fall.  My youngest is 3 and she will start preschool (3 days wk/2.5 hrs/day) this fall. 
  • I should actually answer my own questions ;)

Emily is 3yrs. 7mos. and is going to a preschool type Spring/Summer Camp on Tues. and Thurs. from 9:00am -12:00pm right now and it will end June 3rd.

She was accepted into our #1 choice Preschool (a co-op!), that starts this fall.  She will have just turned 4 years old.  Yea!  She will go 5 mornings per week, 9:00am - 12:00pm.

• I am excited about this board too.  Even though Eva is just 28 months, I moved over to the Toddler board before the split so I've been there since she was one.  I love the ladies over there (the ones who have been there from the beginning especially!) but I am thrilled about this board.  I have taught pre-K, K and first grade so all things preschool are right up my alley! 

As for preschool for Eva, I am looking for someplace for her to go next Sept. for a few mornings a week so she can get some socialization but she will start our city's preschool when she is four. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DS is just over 2.5 years old.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • DS will be 3 in 3 weeks.  I can't believe he is that old!  DD is 5 weeks.

P is hopefully going to a church preschool 2 days a week starting in the fall.

• Carson is a little over 2.5.  He is in a pre-school/daycare.  He started there at 1.5 and moved over to the 2yr old room @ 2yrs old, lol.  Anyway, they do letters/numbers/shapes/colors/spanish/he will be starting computer soon if i remember correctly.  his preschool goes up to 7yrs old - although he will not be there that long.  But we love were he is now!
  • DS is 4- he'll turn 5 in October, but misses the Kindergarden cut off, so he'll be in preschool one more year. I'm glad about that, socially, but am really worried he'll be bored next year academically. He's grown SOO much this year from where he started though!

• My DD is almost 3.

We've decided to not do preschool until age 4. We do lots of learning activities at home - hopefully that'll be enough!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD#1 will be 4 in June and DD#2 is 2.

DD#1 is currently in the PreSchool 2 room (3 year olds) at our daycare center and will be moving to the PreSchool 3 (4 year old) room in June and she starts a full time Pre-K program in the fall with our school system.

DD#2 is starting the PreSchool 1 (2 1/2 to 3 and potty trained) room in June.

Our daycare has an amazing program and my kids are just thriving in it.  They both go full time since DH and I both work.

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"