Blended Families

Keurig

I just bought my hubby one for his birthday...

The reviews look awesome.  My neighbor had one and made me a Chai tea latte which was super yummo!!!!

Thoughts on them?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Keurig

• We don't have one, but when DH was away for training last year, there was one in his hotel and he loved it!!! We looked into getting one just haven't actually gotten it yet.
  • Sams Club has a great deal!!!!  The Ultimate 66 one is $129 and that includes a 64 box of cups!

CoffeeCow.com also has boxes of 24 for $10.99 (all different types!)

• Loading the player...
  • Good to know! DH's bday is coming up and I still haven't figured out what to get him!
  • i went with the Tassimo because it does, coffee, lattes and all that plus teas and hot chocolate.  When I looked at Keurig (this was last year) they didn't seem to have much more than tea and coffees.  I guess it really comes down to what you're going to use it for and your personal preferences.  I love my Tassimo and my kids love using it to make hot chocolate, my daughter uses it for tea too. One of my coworkers has the Keurig and swears by it.
  • I love mine. So does my DH. He uses it more then I do.  You can also get the cups at Bed Bath and Beyond and use the 20% off coupon.
  • I have both the Keurig and the Senseo (210v needed for Germany)

After using both now, I have to say I like the Senseo better:

1. You can buy "make-your-own" pod products to make pods in bulk. The k-kup insert thing is a one at a time deal, which defeats the whole purpose of the keurig to begin with.  Where is the early morning ease?
    2. The left over pods are smaller and bio-degradable vs the plastic k-kups
    3. I like the way the Senseo makes its coffee - with a hint of froth at the top.  But it is NOT like getting a cappuchino, just a bit yummier.

Now, I do make my own pods because I LOVE flavored coffee (CoffeeAM.com has the most amazing selection).  With a good flavored coffee, I do not need cream or sugar (cutting out some extra calories).

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • I <3 my Keurig. H does too.

We buy our K-cups at Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% off coupons, and it works out to less than .30 a cup. There selection is pretty good. I used to buy them online, and if you buy over a certain amount you get 15% off, free shipping and rewards such as free coffee. But H likes getting them at BBB so that is what we do.

I also think that Im going to buy the reuseable so when we want regular coffee (my grandfather buys the Folgers by the pallet - so we are stocked!) we can use those too... 

Im excited for it :)  and with the BBB coupons, that isn't a bad price at all!

• imageJ+R:

I also think that Im going to buy the reuseable so when we want regular coffee (my grandfather buys the Folgers by the pallet - so we are stocked!) we can use those too... 

Im excited for it :)  and with the BBB coupons, that isn't a bad price at all!

I bought the reuseable and hate it. It is a giant PITA, and got grounds everywhere. :(

• Thanks for the heads up!!  I hate a mess, and my hubby is notorious for NOT wiping the counter... haha.

I got a 18pk at Kohls for $9.99 (then with the coupon) it was like $7... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"