Breastfeeding

Weaning...

My DS is 10.5 months and I am still and plan to do so until 1 year. The problem is that 2 weeks after he turns one I have to go on an eight day business trip so I would like to be completely done nursing before I go so I dont have to worry about pumping, etc. At his 9 month appt  talked to the ped about is and he said at 11 months we could start mixing in whole milk so that he would be completely weaned by then. What I need is some type of schedule on how to add in the milk and start weaning so that in 6 weeks his completely done nursing and on whole milk. (If I have to he can have formula after I leave if we feel like he still needs some but I wouldnt think he would)

Where could I find a weaning schedule, any advice or experience.

** I am sad that I have to completely wean in the next 8 weeks, I would love for him to still nurse at night and on the weekends.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Weaning...

• We just started by putting 1 oz of whole milk and 5 oz of EBM in her bottles for a week, then 2 oz/4oz the next week, then 3. You get the idea. I continued to BF her in the morning when she woke up, before bed and whenever she wanted it on the weekends.

I think we started this when she was around 11 months old. We had completely weaned by 15 months b/c I had a 4 day out of town training I had to go to. The week before the training I stopped nursing her in the morning and by that time was giving her whole milk in her bottles for daycare, so she got whole milk before bed. It was nice and gradual and I never felt like she was being deprived. I was a bit sad, but happy to get my body back. I guess she was easy to wean. I would say just watch for you baby's cues and you'll know what is right.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"