Pregnant after 35

Reality Hit on Sunday!

I am 17 weeks.  On Sunday, I decided to kill some time by browsing the baby stuff at Toys R Us.  I have one daughter, but she is 20 years old.  All of a sudden,  I thought "holy crap, this stuff is going to be all over my house!!"  I almost started crying thinking of my grown up home looking like Romper Room again.  

I am excited about the baby, and this feeling passed...kind of.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reality Hit on Sunday!

• I just have to say - LOL!

I was always saying my house would never look like the kids section of Target exploded all over. Yeah, I have stickers stuck to floor and stuffed animals in every room. It just happens, they grow up, move out and then you get your house back. You know what I mean, but I feel you on losing your grown-up house now that you finally got it back.

I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • My DS is 14.  Last weekend I wanted to go shopping and have some "ME" time.  As usual, I told my DS that I'd be back and was on my cell if he needed me.  While out, I had the same frightful feeling that "oh my, it's going to be a long time before I can just leave for a few hours without preparing anyone or getting a sitter."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My oldest will be 18 this June and she is off to college in the Fall, so no more free babysitter while I want to go out alone. 
  • i hear you.

i'm a little different. i've never not had a romper room free house. i've been solo since 18.  what was I thinking????

hopefully good thoughts.  we'll be good parents. this will be good.  my friends are big fans and big supporters, thank heaven. I need them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mwdmwd member
    My friend joked that I should just move all of the furniture out of our living room, and make it a play room.  DS already has WAY too many toys, and in about 8-9 months, all of the toys that I put away for the "next one" will be back out.  This is why I keep saving money for a down payment on a house, so we can move out, then sell our current one, instead of trying to keep this one clean for an open house our showings. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We decided our family room would be my DS's playroom.  We even have lovely new furniture for our living room, thought it would be a great adult room.  We were so wrong.  Our whole house is my DS's playroom.  At times it bothers me but ya know what, watching him play, no matter what room it is in, trumps a fancy room any day!  :-)
  • Wow, I didn't even think about this!  My sons are 14 and 11...We don't have stuff lying about anymore.  One more thing to think about too...baby proofing!
  • I hadn't thought about this either.....my DS will be 18 this month. I'm a neat FREAK everything has to be in order.  Wow, I had better start getting ready cause I'll have two littles ones running around soon........LOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"