Pre-School and Daycare

Does/Did anyone's toddlers have "tics"?

About a week ago, my 2.5 yr.old DD started excessive eye blinking, but she scrunches her whole face up to repetively blink them. I work FT so I am only noticing this at night and some nights it is frequent and other nights it just happens a few times.  I did some internet research and asked some close family members, and we think it is a tic.  I am planning on calling the pedi too, but just wanted to ask if any of you ladies experienced this with their LO's.  Did it eventually go away or have the tics lasted or gotten worse??

Re: Does/Did anyone's toddlers have "tics"?

• I don't think it's really a tic per se but DD#2 tenses all her muscles (most obviously her arms & hands & widely opens her mouth) for a few seconds when she's really excited or anxious.  It's slightly odd but I do something similar too--so I think it's genetic or something.  I think for us, it's a way to deal w/ anxiety & extra energy--it gives us a temp way to relax in stressful/exciting circumstances.  I've never asked a Doc about it but I suppose I should.  People think it's funny...because she obviously gets it from me.  
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • Thanks for your response, from what I read on webmd.com, tics tend to come out when you are overly-excited or stressed, and mouth, eyes, and hands, and turning the head are the most common bodily motions I read about.  Caroline's eye-blinking is not really in a scenario like this, we can just be hanging out in the family room, or watching TV and she will do it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep.  When DS gets overly tired and then has something exciting happen (end of the day and a friend comes over), he twists his tongue in his mouth and runs around like that.  I'm not concerned about it except when he's jumping and I'm afraid he'll bite his tongue.... guess he'll learn not to do that, then!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"