TTC after 35
Options

I've decided DH no longer has "need to know" status.

I told you all the other day how I'm a few days late but have tested twice, only to get BFNs. Well, I'm now 5 days late, so DH asks me this a.m., "Have you taken a test since Tuesday?" I said, "No, I blew $15 and two tests just to get BFNs and since it's the end of the month, I'm running short on cash. I'll buy more after I get paid tomorrow." So, he walks out of the room and comes back with a $20 bill and sticks it in my pocket.

It's sweet that he's as concerned about this as I am, but I have been doing plenty of obsessing about this my own self that I don't really appreciate pressure to test from an outside source. I mean, I do have enough money in the bank account to pick up a test or two, but I'm deliberately trying not to so I don't drive myself crazy! And here he is enabling me! :-)

So, I told him he is no longer allowed to count cycle days. I'll have to figure out a way to confuse him about it so much that he'll have no idea what's going on. Those darn scientist boys are kind of hard to confuse, though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I've decided DH no longer has "need to know" status.

• Options
    I have to giggle a bit at your post....it's cute...but totally understand about not wanting to drive yourself crazy about POAS.   And, I hear ya about those scientist boys...I have a statistic/math boy!   LOL!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For the record, a marriage and family therapist is pretty hard to confuse as well!Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry to hear about your BFN's, but if it was me I would take that $20 from DH and totally use it on me for something non-ttc related.  Like a mani or something really good to eat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    imageNowDNAtoo:

Sorry to hear about your BFN's, but if it was me I would take that $20 from DH and totally use it on me for something non-ttc related.  Like a mani or something really good to eat.

This exactly!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I agree to use it for something other than an HPT!  That's a great idea!

My experience w/DH is similar.  I know he knows and counts days and everything, but I'm not sure he knows I know he knows.  We don't really talk about it all that much unless I bring it up.  Trying to keep the pressure off!  DH is also an engineer geek.  Those scientific/mechanical minds can't help it I think!

Good luck!  I hope you get your BFP soon!

• Options
    my DH can guess my cycle day by the look on my face.  He can predict AF's arrival to the minute.  Super Angry
  • Options

oh yeah, that's definitey tough when they're keeping track of days. I used to tell DH i 'wasn't sure' exactly when I ovulated some months in order to try to throw him off a bit. I also wasn't big on taking HPTs every month and he knew that, so he wasn't super horrible about it.

maybe you can tell DH that you've adopted a new approach and you're not going to POAS all the time in order to maintain your sanity and his. Even if you do wind up still testing, you don't have to tell him that. a little white lie doesn't hurt every once in a while, right? :)

• Options

It used to be easier when we were trying naturally and my O would be all over the board........I think he stopped trying to guess.  But now that we've moved on to IUI, it's impossible to keep anything from him.......especially since he likes to come with me to the RE.  He knows when I go in for bloodwork and he starts asking me later the same day if I've heard anything from the Dr.

But I can understand how you feel........you don't need anyone else anxiously waiting for you to POAS!!

• Options
    jcathjcath member

I can totally understand how that would make you crazy and second the idea to use the $20 for a manicure!

On the other hand, my dh is so clueless about any of it I'm thinking of sending him to a middle school sex ed class just so he can learn the basics. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"