I'm hoping that given some background on my situation you ladies might have an opinion (that's more educated than that of my DH, whose opinion is just whatever I think is best).
I have charts documenting 1.5 yrs of long/irregular cycles. My OBGYN was convinced this is what's causing our problems, and was going to prescribe Clomid but not monitor me. I decided on my own to go to RE instead.
I was expecting RE to prescribe an ovulation-inducing drug, but just monitor me. However, since I also was diagnosed with incompetent cervix during my last pregnancy, she is hesitant to give me any drugs that might increase risk of multiples. It appears after initial testing that I probably have PCOS, but I am ovulating on my own, so she's recommending unmedicated IUI. We don't have insurance, and I'm hesitant to spend money on IUIs when all signs point to PCOS as my issue (not MF).
I've read a lot of good things about Femera, including that it carries a lower risk of multiples than Clomid b/c it generally produces only one follicle. However, my particular RE won't prescribe it b/c it's not FDA approved for IF.
I'm about to start my period, and I need to make a decision here soon. Do I push current RE to give me Clomid, and just see how many follies I produce before having TI? Do I give unmedicated IUI a chance? Or do I go to a different RE to see if they would prescribe Femera given my unique situation?